Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Trevor Moore for 2 years 775k AAV

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Phenomenal contract , no idea how he got a AHLer to agree to a one way 775k x 2yr deal , The Dubes a genius .
Don't know if your being sarcastic or not.

Signing a one way is guaranteed money that a lot of orginzorgins won't hand out to ahl players because they'd only be making about 10% of the actual cap hit playing in the AHL on a two way deal.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Phenomenal contract , no idea how he got a AHLer to agree to a one way 775k x 2yr deal , The Dubes a genius .

1 goal 2 assists and 3 NHL points and $1.55 mil guaranteed.

Trevor Moore's player agent should be seeing a sharp incline in business after this contract from all Leafs prospects needing new contracts. :wg:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue and hotpaws

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Don't know if your being sarcastic or not.

Signing a one way is guaranteed money that a lot of orginzorgins won't hand out to ahl players because they'd only be making about 10% of the actual cap hit playing in the AHL on a two way deal.
of course i'm being sarcastic

i find it very amusing how some people believe getting an undrafted AHLer to sign a one way deal is any kind of accomplishment , good for kid and he probably believes he hit on a lottery ticket to be offered a one way deal

Last edited:
Reactions: sessiroth

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
of course i'm being sarcastic

i find it very amusing how some people believe signing an undrafted AHLer to sign a one way deal is any kind of accomplishment , good for kid and he probably believes he hit on a lottery ticket to be offered a one way deal
Who said it's an accomplishment? It's just good management to have cheap depth ready when need be. Nobody is saying Dubas is a genius for this like you seem to think.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
of course the idea that people like something Dubas did is too much for you, and you have to take a strong stance against a position nobody has actually taken. I bet if he failed to sign Moore, you'd be the first one complaining about Dubas letting cheap depth get away

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Who said it's an accomplishment? It's just good management to have cheap depth ready when need be. Nobody is saying Dubas is a genius for this like you seem to think.
you just said it was an accomplishment , lol

good mgmt would have been to sign him to a 2 way deal instead of blowing close to a 1m for a AHLer if he doesn't make the team

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
of course the idea that people like something Dubas did is too much for you, and you have to take a strong stance against a position nobody has actually taken. I bet if he failed to sign Moore, you'd be the first one complaining about Dubas letting cheap depth get away
I wonder how many other fan bases are praising there GM for signing a AHL rfa ?

and how could anyone f*** up signing a rfa like Moore , the guys played only a few games in the NHL and people are so thrilled by this signing they've soiled themselves

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

good mgmt would have been to sign him to a 2 way deal instead of blowing close to a 1m for a AHLer if he doesn't make the team
Saying it's good management is saying it's an accomplishment? I think you're thinking of a different word but really who cares.

Close to 1m? You mean 775k? Leafs are taking advantage of their money and giving him a decent contract if he's in the NHL or AHL. How you can possibly see this as a bad signing is mind blowing.

I wonder how many other fan bases are praising there GM for signing a AHL rfa ?

and how could anyone **** up signing a rfa like Moore , the guys played only a few games in the NHL and people are so thrilled by this signing they've soiled themselves

You're bias is so palpable. It's just funny seeing you get so worked up over a signing. Try not to let it ruin your Sunday lol.

Reactions: pacman25

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

Good management takes advantage of their strengths and the Leafs have money. Not only that but Moore is living an easier life now.

The whole contract can be buried.

Reactions: Liminality

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
The top Marlies are never getting 2 way contracts anymore. Anyone who thinks they will is out to lunch. The Leafs can pay guys to be on the Marlies close to (or slightly above?) 1M.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I wish we had done the same with Johnsson. Having him locked up next year when things get really tight would be really nice.

Good zero-risk signing that has no cap implications if he doesn't make the team.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
The top Marlies are never getting 2 way contracts anymore. Anyone who thinks they will is out to lunch. The Leafs can pay guys to be on the Marlies close to (or slightly above?) 1M.

Agreed, the only factor to consider is that 1-way contracts always count against the off-season cap so you have to be a little selective about who you give one to, but with the 10% buffer it t usually shouldn't be an issue.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good management takes advantage of their strengths and the Leafs have money. Not only that but Moore is living an easier life now.

U know who else is living an easier life now....NYLANDER
This is fine but how about we get 34 signed, gardiner traded for rhd and zaitsev to Lou lamorrellos islanders so we can finally compete with big boys??

Last edited:

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
U know who else is living a easier life now....NYLANDER
This is fine but how about we get 34 signed, gardiner traded for rhd and zaitsev to Louis lamorrellos islanders so we can totally compete with big boys??

Could you try retyping this message but maybe from a computer or while not drunk so I can understand what you are getting at?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Saying it's good management is saying it's an accomplishment? I think you're thinking of a different word but really who cares.

Close to 1m? You mean 775k? Leafs are taking advantage of their money and giving him a decent contract if he's in the NHL or AHL. How you can possibly see this as a bad signing is mind blowing.

You're bias is so palpable. It's just funny seeing you get so worked up over a signing. Try not to let it ruin your Sunday lol.
my bias ? lol , sad how the Dubes fan club will grasp at anything to praise him

you and the gang should run to the main board and make of thread on how this signing shows good mgmt in Toronto

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

good mgmt respects and doesn't waste the strengths of the organization , i like Moore and i'm happy for him i just find it amusing that people believe the only way to get a ahl rfa like Moore to sign was to offer him a one way deal

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If he's no good, he's waived (therefore doesn't effect our NHL cap hit)

That being said, he's looking like a strong possibility to be in our bottom 6 next season for relatively cheap and can likely replace Brown at less than half the cost.

Rosen at 750k to play bottom pairing or 7th defenseman is also a good move.

Dubas now needs to turn his focus to big parts of this team; top 4 defenseman and/or re-signing our franchise players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad