Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Trevor Moore for 2 years 775k AAV

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Awesome.

No complaints. The kid can fly. Hopefully he is in the NHL. If not, getting paid 775k in the minors is hardly something to sniff at for a guy who wasnt projected to "make it"

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully he replaces Brown's 2.1 M cap hit at some point.

I can't see Brown sticking around playing 4th line minutes making 2m on this team. Not a good use of their cap space. He'll be on the last year of his contract, has a signing bonus of 500k so maybe he's easier moved in the summer after that's paid out.

I like Moore. Thought he was a darkhorse candidate to make the team out of camp. He's having a great year and at that cap hit you can really get some value.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
Awesome.

No complaints. The kid can fly. Hopefully he is in the NHL. If not, getting paid 775k in the minors is hardly something to sniff at for a guy who wasnt projected to "make it"
Giving these guys 1-way contracts is a way that Toronto can, and should, be flexing their financial muscle.
If it's the difference of signing a guy by giving him a guaranteed salary then the Leafs ened to be doing that.

Reactions: 7even

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Great contract! Have to imagine he's a team fixture beginning next season.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Giving these guys 1-way contracts is a way that Toronto can, and should, be flexing their financial muscle.
If it's the difference of signing a guy by giving him a guaranteed salary then the Leafs ened to be doing that.

Even though cap friendly is not reporting it on Rosen's I wouldn't be surprised if this deal and his have either guarantees like Gauthier or everything above league min paid in sb's to provide lockout protection. Lockout protection to tweeners could be a big draw.

I could see us doing the same in free agency this year

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
I am so happy for him! He is a heart and soul player!!!
Makes me happy when I watch him ... and great job Dubas!!!
This is some Dubas magic!!!

Reactions: hockeynorth

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Leafs need a bunch of <1mil players next season so this is a fantastic move.

Rosen, Liljegren, Sandin, Grundstrom, Bracco, Marchment, Moore, Holl, Gauthier, Dermott, Sparks (RFA but should be cheap) are all signed for next year really cheap and I could easily see 6-7 of these guys on the roster for next season. Having these cheap depth guys is the difference between keeping a player like Johnsson/Kapanen/even Nylander and losing them.

This is the main reason why it's so important to have a cupboard of prospects in the pipeline to constantly replenish the bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defence which is why it's so important to not waste draft picks.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Like this a lot. Congrats Moore you deserve it!!!

good cap hit for the guy who should be on the Leafs next two years (should be here this season too but... oh well).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad