Confirmed with Link: Leafs extend Trevor Moore for 2 years 775k AAV

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
why would saving your employer money be considered a joke ?

and i'm left wondering if people are praising this move because they believe Moore could have sign for more and the Dube had to work him down

or is it people have so little faith in the Dube's negotiating skills after the Willie debacle they thought Moore's agent would also bend him over and get 2m plus yearly and are relieved that all it took to sign him was a one way deal offer

People are praising this move because they see the big picture.
As much as I like Brown and his often overlooked contributions moving him and bringing in TM frees up 1.8 million in cap which will be sorely needed. It will help resign Gards, Kappy etc.

You truly have a knack for over reacting and jumping to conclusions. Most of which is as negative as can be.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This is the type of deal thr Leafs will need.

Can’t be spending lots of money on depth guys moving forward, and the ability to inject guys into the lineup for under a million will be necessary.

Yeah I think it's a good team building strategy

Pay the high end talent and develop the cheap filler we need to fill in around them, the Marlies and those overseas UFA'S were always sniffing around have become even more important moving forward

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marchment 767K - Gauthier 675K - Moore 775K

Our 4th line could cost us approx 2.2M next season if we wanted. Even if Lindholm is resigned to around 1M, and Gauthier is the 13th forward, that's still only around 3.2M for our 4th line and 13th forward.

Cheap depth. It'll be key.

We can't have Connor Brown making 2.1M on our 4th line next season. He'll need to be traded.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like he would literally be perfect with Kadri in Hyman down the road.

Kapanen - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Moore

As the top 9. If you manage to stop that stacked top 6, you are getting endlessly pressured by that Kadri line until the top 6 comes back.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah I think it's a good team building strategy

Pay the high end talent and develop the cheap filler we need to fill in around them, the Marlies and those overseas UFA'S were always sniffing around have become even more important moving forward
It's the only strategy in a hard cap world.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Moore could play anywhere in the Leafs lineup, same with an incoming Grundstrom who should be next in line after Moore from what I get from watching the Marlies

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's the only strategy in a hard cap world.
Better than overpaying for guys like Martin and Komarov that's for sure.

I feel like he would literally be perfect with Kadri in Hyman down the road.

Kapanen - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Moore

As the top 9. If you manage to stop that stacked top 6, you are getting endlessly pressured by that Kadri line until the top 6 comes back.
Personally I think Moore is better suited for bottom line + PK duties and Grundstrom comes up in a top 9 role. Either way they'll be fighting it out for spots.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Things are going to be tight next season, especially with the cap not going up close to 83M like they originally expected. After next season, when Marleau's contract is up, the cap is higher, and our to players are already signed, we get flexibility back, but we might have to trade a Kapanen or Johnsson before then TBH

This roster has 87K left in cap space, assuming a cap of 81M and includes us getting rid of Zaitsev + Brown (albeit taking a contract back)

- Traded Nikita Zaitsev and Connor Brown to EDM for Brandon Manning, Ostap Safin & a 2019 2nd Round Pick [Manning in minors)

Extensions:
- Signed Mitch Marner to a 6 year, 54 million dollar deal
- Signed Auston Matthews to a 8 year, 88 million dollar deal
- Signed Kasperi Kapanen & Andreas Johnsson to matching 3 year, 9 million dollar deals
- Signed Par Lindholm & Igor Ozhiganov to matching 2 year, 1.8 million dollar deals
- Signed Michael Hutchinson/Garret Sparks to a 1 year, 875 thousand dollar deal

Free Agency:
- Signed Anton Stralman to a 2 year, 7 million dollar deal

Graduates:
- Trevor Moor, Mason Marchment, Calle Rosen, & Timothy Liljegren all graduate to the main roster

kCe99x5.png

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. Great signing. I believe this kid will give us a good energy bump for playoffs and could emerge as a 3rd liner over time.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Things are going to be tight next season, especially with the cap not going up close to 83M like they originally expected.

Where'd you hear that? Thought the projection was still closer to 83m.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I like the reward part of this contract. He worked hard on his pro game for the past 2 1/2 years in the AHL then came up and performed well in a short stint. There's zero downside to this deal for the Leafs. Even if he can't keep up the performance at the NHL level, as can happen, there's no negative impact on the cap. Also, player agents are watching. If I'm a mid-range NCAA free agent, I'm beating down the door looking to get into this organization as this can gain me at the very least a guaranteed second deal if I perform at the AHL level.

Reactions: Kiwi

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I like the reward part of this contract. He worked hard on his pro game for the past 2 1/2 years in the AHL then came up and performed well in a short stint. There's zero downside to this deal for the Leafs. Even if he can't keep up the performance at the NHL level, as can happen, there's no negative impact on the cap. Also, player agents are watching. If I'm a mid-range NCAA free agent, I'm beating down the door looking to get into this organization as this can gain me at the very least a guaranteed second deal if I perform at the AHL level.

I think more importantly the Leafs system gives you hope to play in the NHL.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Marchment 767K - Gauthier 675K - Moore 775K

Our 4th line could cost us approx 2.2M next season if we wanted. Even if Lindholm is resigned to around 1M, and Gauthier is the 13th forward, that's still only around 3.2M for our 4th line and 13th forward.

Cheap depth. It'll be key.

We can't have Connor Brown making 2.1M on our 4th line next season. He'll need to be traded.

And Brown is easily tradeable

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
People are praising this move because they see the big picture.
As much as I like Brown and his often overlooked contributions moving him and bringing in TM frees up 1.8 million in cap which will be sorely needed. It will help resign Gards, Kappy etc.

You truly have a knack for over reacting and jumping to conclusions. Most of which is as negative as can be.
the big picture is Moore still has to earn his spot next year while competing with Grundstrom/Engvall/Bracco/Marchment/cheap ufa vet and Brown makes 2.1m so the savings would be 1.325m if he was the one who replaced him

and sorry i upset so many people , i just find it amusing how the most minor/simple move draws praise . He's a ahl rfa , i don't understand what people thought he could possibly ask for and why people would believe it wouldn't be an extremely easy contract signing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad