Proposal: Leafs Ducks

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
William Nylander + Nazem Kadri (after Nylander bonus is paid July 1)

Adam Henrique + Hampus Lindholm

the money works a little bit in the Leafs favour, The Ducks get a C in Kadri who has more offensive flare and fits into their 2C spot the Leafs get a guy in Henrique probably better suited to the 3rd line role

Nylander may be an answer at 1C w/Getz at LW and Rakell on the right or Rakell Getz Nylander

Lindholm gives Rielly a worthy partner

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh so we're back to Nylander is #1C again huh? We also don't want a guy like Kadri who's going to do something stupid and kick himself out of the playoffs (if we make it there after trading our best defensemen).

Reactions: McDonald19

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
William Nylander + Nazem Kadri (after Nylander bonus is paid July 1)

Adam Henrique + Hampus Lindholm

the money works a little bit in the Leafs favour, The Ducks get a C in Kadri who has more offensive flare and fits into their 2C spot the Leafs get a guy in Henrique probably better suited to the 3rd line role

Nylander may be an answer at 1C w/Getz at LW and Rakell on the right or Rakell Getz Nylander

Lindholm gives Rielly a worthy partner

The money works out a little bit in the Leafs favor, but that pales in comparison to how well the value works out in their favor. You haven't considered Anaheim's needs at all, just terrible.

Some advice for the future. There is not a single team in this league who needs Nylander more than they need their best Dman. If he's your trade chip you simply have your sites set much too high with a guy like Lindholm.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Change lindholm to fowler and your closer

Lindholm >> nylander
Henrique= kadri
i'd bang the hammer on that deal for sure, solves some issues for both teams. The Ducks get younger, Kesler isn't a 2nd anymore, Kadri is

if you Ducks fans have been watching the playoffs Nylander isn't perfect, but given the responsibility he now has he's really elevated his game, the problem is the two wingers he's with just aren't offensive guys in the clearest sense but he's better then any Duck centre with the exception of Getzlaf. What if the Leafs threw in Marleau

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Lindholm >> nylander
Henrique= kadri

With Vatanen, Theodore and Montour gone the Ducks can’t move Fowler for a forward. Fowler is a minute eating top 4 d-man, even if he is one of the Ducks fanbase’s whipping boys.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
With Vatanen, Theodore and Montour gone the Ducks can’t move Fowler for a forward. Fowler is a minute eating top 4 d-man, even if he is one of the Ducks fanbase’s whipping boys.
that's putting it gently. some folks hardly consider him a NHL player because he's not physical enough.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Lindholm >> nylander
Henrique= kadri

I wouldn’t even trade Fowler for that package. Nylander has been awful this year for Toronto who made the playoffs. What do you think he does on the Ducks? Absolutely nothing...... significant

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Individual player value, I would say Kadri and Nylander probably carry as much value as Henrique and Lindholm but when you consider cap hit, positional needs, ability to replace from within or externally I don't see this deal being very appealing to the Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i'd bang the hammer on that deal for sure, solves some issues for both teams. The Ducks get younger, Kesler isn't a 2nd anymore, Kadri is

if you Ducks fans have been watching the playoffs Nylander isn't perfect, but given the responsibility he now has he's really elevated his game, the problem is the two wingers he's with just aren't offensive guys in the clearest sense but he's better then any Duck centre with the exception of Getzlaf. What if the Leafs threw in Marleau

You would add marleau in for free?
Well no way i could say no to that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad