Proposal: Leafs Ducks

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Both teams need help finding cap space. This trade just trades pieces without accomplishing much.
Lindholm is needed more in Anaheim. The Leafs should good at LHD, even without Lindholm. Henrique just might be a declining 3C with too big cap.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
But seriously, I understand Lindholm is a great piece for the Ducks, but to get out of that Henrique contract for Kadri and Nylander would be pretty huge for the franchise.

Rakell - Getzlaf - Nylander
Ritchie - Kadri - Sprong

Is a pretty dirty top six.

I’d also argue Anaheim LTRing Kesler or trading him to a team like Ottawa would open up them bringing in one of the many great UFA RDs available in 2020.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
But seriously, I understand Lindholm is a great piece for the Ducks, but to get out of that Henrique contract for Kadri and Nylander would be pretty huge for the franchise.

Rakell - Getzlaf - Nylander
Ritchie - Kadri - Sprong

Is a pretty dirty top six.
We don't want Kadri. He's not going to have much value when he's proven to end up as a liability in the playoffs. Maybe a bad team who desperately needs a Center would give up fair value for him, but otherwise his value will be too low for the Leafs to move. Nylander also only makes our cap problem worse, moreso than Henrique does.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
We don't want Kadri. He's not going to have much value when he's proven to end up as a liability in the playoffs. Maybe a bad team who desperately needs a Center would give up fair value for him, but otherwise his value will be too low for the Leafs to move. Nylander also only makes our cap problem worse, moreso than Henrique does.

Kadri will not play Boston so he’ll be great.

Nylander is at worse a 50 pt winger which every team in the league could use.

I’m a neutral fan, I don’t have any horse in the race, but I live in SoCal and think those automatically writing this trade off are a little out to lunch. It is 100% fair value.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

I’m a neutral fan, I don’t have any horse in the race, but I live in SoCal and think those automatically writing this trade off are a little out to lunch. It is 100% fair value.
It really isn't. We have a RW group of Terry, Perry, Sprong, Silfverberg, and Kase, and a LHD group of Lindholm, Fowler, and then a bunch of unknowns. We have a C group of Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Shore, and if he plays, Kesler. We have no reason to make a lateral move at the position. I'd much rather keep Henrique, he clearly wants to be here since he extended with us and is much more reliable in the postseason. Even if he does become redundant, we can trade him for pieces that actually fill our holes, rather than open them up.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It really isn't. We have a RW group of Terry, Perry, Sprong, Silfverberg, and Kase, and a LHD group of Lindholm, Fowler, and then a bunch of unknowns. We have a C group of Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Shore, and if he plays, Kesler. We have no reason to make a lateral move at the position. I'd much rather keep Henrique, he clearly wants to be here since he extended with us and is much more reliable in the postseason. Even if he does become redundant, we can trade him for pieces that actually fill our holes, rather than open them up.

I would assume this would coincide with them dumping Perry.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Kadri's boneheaded suspensions have by no means been limited to "games against Boston". More like any intense situation where anyone pushes him too hard. Guys a complete loose cannon and the very last thing Anaheim needs.

All that aside it may be "fair value" but the loss of Lindholm does not in any way shape or form make the Ducks a better team.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The team played much better w/o a coach than they did with rc as coach. The stats are right in front of you.

I showed you how our offense will improve, not to mention we are in line to have a solid draft this year.

And offense improves a bit with fixing the defense, we need a top 4 rhd bad... that is our biggest hole

Still ended up last in the league. And the last month of the season we were ahead of the Kings In a decent margin of 10 goals. Kings hit 203 Ducks hit 199 on the long stretch of a month of games.

You still didn’t answer my question on who you’re going to blame next season if the Ducks have a similar outcome with a new coach.

And defense is only going to do so much. This isn’t the Nieds and Pronger days where you can count on 32-35% of your goal scoring coming from the backline. The forwards need to produce. Which you blatantly fail to recognize on this club.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Why because it’s true? Any team trading for him takes risk over the absurd asking price from leaf fans. We’ve already done that crap for Patrick Eaves and lost with Dallas. Tread carefully with that debacle.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Why because it’s true? Any team trading for him takes risk over the absurd asking price from leaf fans. We’ve already done that crap for Patrick Eaves and lost with Dallas. Tread carefully with that debacle.

Did Patrick Eaves have two 60+ point seasons by the age of 21? What about elite chance generation, and above average defense locked in for another 5 seasons after this one?

Idc if he's had a "bad" season in most peoples eyes, I guarantee we lose basically ANY trade for him because his talent coupled with that elite generation will make it so he ends up "bouncing back".

He isn't available.

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
Why would the Leafs do this? We already have three top 4 LD on contract for next season and two other possibly in the nhl. Trading Nylander and Kadri completely destroys our forward group after the top two lines. I'd much rather trade Kadri in a one for one for a defensively responsible RD like Pesce, and then acquire a much cheaper but still capable third line center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad