Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Ducks | 10:00pm | March 10th, 2014 | The California Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Any chance we get Clarkson or Bolland back for this trip?

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 2m

Should also note, Leafs are hopeful that Dave Bolland and Colton Orr will return at some point on the trip.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 51m

Unclear whether he plays tomorrow in Anaheim, but David Clarkson did make the Leafs road trip. Missed last night's game vs. Philly (leg).

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
I think we could either break even and get out with 3 points, or even lose all 3 games lmao. It's gonna be tough but hopefully at least 3 points

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
ya... Leafs are playing pretty well i feel.

it's really helping that our second line is contributing.

bernier also hasn't let in a stinker in a while and has been pretty solid.

we're a good team right now... anything could happen on the road trip... nothing would really surprise me at this point

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think where gonna go 2-1 here, gonna do better than expected

i think this could happen also.

though if i were to make a guess, we'll lose one of the games badly.

if you look at our last west coast road trip, we won the back to backs against phoenix and colorado... then got crushed 7-1 against dallas.

i'm expecting something similar... maybe win the first game... get crushed by the sharks (can blame it on the road trip and back to back... we'll probably just be tired) and then a close bounce back game against the kings.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Bernier against Anaheim...Carlyle will want to win that game so he'll put his best goalie out there.

SJ..we don't do well against them and it's a back to back situation, Reimer can take that one.

The Ducks game is our best shot of winning. Need our number 1 goalie and that's Bernier.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Just realized every game since the break has been decided by one goal. Even with the idiotic brain farts this is the best the D has been playing all season. The 7D strategy is much better.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
On the bright side any points we give up to the winning team in cali will not directly effect us in the standings. In my eyes the must wins are the games against DET and WAS. Any points we grab on the west coast are just a bonus.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Just realized every game since the break has been decided by one goal. Even with the idiotic brain farts this is the best the D has been playing all season. The 7D strategy is much better.

I like it better too. Keeps the D fresher and we also don't play another 4th liner 6+ minutes.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
On the bright side any points we give up to the winning team in cali will not directly effect us in the standings. In my eyes the must wins are the games against DET and WAS. Any points we grab on the west coast are just a bonus.

Giving a point to WAS doesn't matter cause they can't jump us, the only must win game is DET

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

3 loses in cali, we could be in 9th spot on sunday:nod::)

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
3 loses in cali, we could be in 9th spot on sunday:nod::)

You know what I'm saying. And that is assuming we loose all our games this week and the teams behind us win all of theirs. I'm also fairly confident we will face at least one back up goalie this week which should help out in the west.

Ninja edit: You are a debbie downer. lol we will not loose all three games out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad