Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Ducks | 10:00pm | March 10th, 2014 | The California Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The first period will tell me whether this game will be worth sacrificing some sleep over or not.

I think our team realizes that this is an important stretch of games. I don't think they will play as lazy as they have before the break.

Kadri said this is the toughest and most important stretch of the season...I think they will surprise us.

Anaheim is one of the teams we beat comfortably when they came to Toronto but beating them in Anaheim is a different thing..

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Won't be easy games, but hopefully the team can come through. Need to keep on gaining points in any way possible to stay ahead of the mass behind us.

Hopefully the first line re-ignites and they gain some confidence on the PP which has looked terrified as of late.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Honestly I like the idea of Ranger playing instead of Franson as mentioned by another in a post. The Leafs have to play better defense and Franson is killing any momentum or ability to move forward. Let him sit in PB and watch film

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Have faith guys. The Leafs can beat anyone in the league. We are likely to get dominated possession wise, but some good goaltending and goals off the rush can win us the game.

leafstilldeath*

Here is hoping

Reimer against ducks

Bernier against sharks

Carlyle don't F it up. Also, cover the damn points

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Honestly I like the idea of Ranger playing instead of Franson as mentioned by another in a post. The Leafs have to play better defense and Franson is killing any momentum or ability to move forward. Let him sit in PB and watch film

Agree with this.

Also, I had a crazy idea... what about putting Franson on our 4th forward line?

Because it seems like when we play McClement, we're playing more of a shutdown role anyways... so having another natural defender on the ice would probably be good.

Also, if the defense looks tired, Franson can take a few shifts on defense, or maybe a spot on the PP (and maybe second PK).

So we could have a 4th line of: Franson - McClement - Orr

Orr basically only plays when we want him to fight someone. McClement does all the PK work and might sub in if we are taking a defensive zone faceoff against a good line.

So this line might only take a couple shifts per game, but these three players are kind of like rovers and are just used in different places throughout the game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
For the first time this season, I can see some fatigue in Kessel and JVR's games. Long season for both, RC needs to limit their minutes or there might be nothing left for the playoffs. A little concerning, hopefully they will get a second wind on this trip.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
For the first time this season, I can see some fatigue in Kessel and JVR's games. Long season for both, RC needs to limit their minutes or there might be nothing left for the playoffs. A little concerning, hopefully they will get a second wind on this trip.

Kessel for sure you can see it but I thought JVR has still been pretty strong the last few games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This game is huge. How we do in this game will likely have an impact on other games we play. Win and gain confidence, get outplayed and we will be in a tough spot against SJ and LA.

I won't be disappointed if we lose close hard fought games because all three of these teams are elite and LA has been on a tear.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Most likely can't watch but I hope they pull out with some W's on this tough road trip.

pervinmediummedium.gif

2PYjV3o.gif

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Despite their best in the league record I feel this game is our best shot at winning during the California trip. Of the California teams we seem to play best against the Ducks.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think this trip makes or breaks our chances at home ice advantage in the first round. We are only a point behind Montreal with a game in hand. If we do better than Montreal on this trip, we might have an inside track on home ice advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad