Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Ducks | 10:00pm | March 10th, 2014 | The California Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Have faith guys. The Leafs can beat anyone in the league. We are likely to get dominated possession wise, but some good goaltending and goals off the rush can win us the game.

Exactly, we gotta stay positive.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
This road trip is huge, at least our last showing against Anaheim was promising. The Leafs seem to play well against strong teams, especially those that play big, physical games. Getzlaf and Perry are going to be a pain in the ass on the cycle all game long so we're going to need a big team effort.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Agree with this.

Also, I had a crazy idea... what about putting Franson on our 4th forward line?

Because it seems like when we play McClement, we're playing more of a shutdown role anyways... so having another natural defender on the ice would probably be good.

Also, if the defense looks tired, Franson can take a few shifts on defense, or maybe a spot on the PP (and maybe second PK).

So we could have a 4th line of: Franson - McClement - Orr

Orr basically only plays when we want him to fight someone. McClement does all the PK work and might sub in if we are taking a defensive zone faceoff against a good line.

So this line might only take a couple shifts per game, but these three players are kind of like rovers and are just used in different places throughout the game.

Prepare to be flamed for suggesting any D player being moved into a forward position. I would have already experimented with Franson as a forward if I was coach. Could use his size and shot as a forward. You'd have to match him up with at least one linemate with speed and defensive accumen, however.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
OT loss vs. Ducks
Reg. loss vs. Sharks
Reg. win vs. Kings

3 points, book it.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
working days, so no way i can swing the late start times. pvr + media blackout will be hard as well. oh well.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Ducks are beatable right now. 4-4-2 in last 10, 7-6-2 in last 15. Still dangerous but they've come back to earth lately and aren't the unbeatable first half ducks anymore.

Sharks on the backend will be much tougher, though.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
For the first time this season, I can see some fatigue in Kessel and JVR's games. Long season for both, RC needs to limit their minutes or there might be nothing left for the playoffs. A little concerning, hopefully they will get a second wind on this trip.
JVR was great last night, could've had multiple goals if Mason didn't stone him. Kessel has been off though

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Skipping 8am classes for these games.

Its a long season with many games still to watch. PVR it or watch the highlights the next day, your education is worth it. :teach2:

We need to tighten up defensively. We're clicking on offense, with having multiple lines going. Excited to play the Ducks, we don't play them often. Countdown to game time is on.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
win against the ducks
Point against the sharks
win against the kings

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
win against the ducks
Point against the sharks
win against the kings

Gotta love that optimism. :)

It could happen too. These Leafs are impossible to predict. Wouldn't surprise me if they won all 3 of these games (well maybe a little). Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if we got clobbered in all 3.

I remember the toughest stretch we had earlier. 5 games, IIRC we out of nowhere shocked Chicago 7-3 and were soundly beaten in the other 4 games. These 3 games coming up are just as tough as those 5 were. Man I hope we play well.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
To be fair, if we lose the game their is always a need to vent frustration and before you know it, you spent close to an hour mostly browsing this site.

Ehhh still, I'm sure he could end up taking a nap after class or something. IMO thats a lame excuse to skip class :laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I will be at this game rocking my vintage Sundin jersey! If you don't hear back from me then please contact the Anaheim PD, I don't plan on shutting my mouth once during the game

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
We can win the next three games IMO. Just continue to ice a competent fourth line and use depth to beat our opposition. I'm just hoping that Carlyle can tighten up our D core by tinkering with the pairings.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Which goaltender get which starts on BOTH back to backs?

Bernier against Anaheim...Carlyle will want to win that game so he'll put his best goalie out there.

SJ..we don't do well against them and it's a back to back situation, Reimer can take that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad