GDT: Leafs Draft Day Thread: 5hrs,10m Until Draft. Who are the 977th & 978th Maple Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Do Leafs and fans have patience for both Marner and Strome to play junior another year and then a year in ahl with marlies to develop physically into nhlers? Hanifin is physically big and strong and fast enough enough to play now.

Of course we will.

It's not like whoever the Leafs draft 4th in a few hours is going to be the second coming of Christ and will have a ton of unreasonable expectation put on their should.....oh.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay. I am sorry.

Lucic is going to get multiple prospects
Dougie Hamilton went for 1st 2 nds
Lehner went for a 1st round pick...

but we can't get a 1st, prospect+ for a 35+ goal scorer?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Apparently SJ have offered pick 9 for Cam Talbot, if that is on the table, I move Bernier no problem (and i'm a Bernier fan)

In two feet and a heartbeat. I am a big Bernier fan and shake my head at the way he is crapped on but another top 10 pick this year is too good to pass up on.
Besides once Reimer ****s the bed again we'll be in prime spot for another very nice prospect.

If Bernier is the difference between us leaving with the 4th (Hanafin/Marner) and 9th pick(Rattanen or Werenski) or just the 4th... it's a no brainer end of discussion.

Shwaguy*

Holy **** if you can trade Talbot for #9 ****ing get out there and Ship Bernier to SJ now!!!!

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
wow this is huge.

Riding our selves of Phaneuf and Kessel and building a stock pile of prospects in the deepest draft since 2003 would be so refreshing and would really get me interested in this team again. I'm fine with missing out on a big Kessel return. If we can get 2 draft picks a 1st and a 2nd in this draft, I would honestly do it.

That's the base for Kessel. The add has to be substantial on top of it.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Do Leafs and fans have patience for both Marner and Strome to play junior another year and then a year in ahl with marlies to develop physically into nhlers? Hanifin is physically big and strong and fast enough enough to play now.

Leafs management has been using this as an excuse to make stupid decisions for a decade now, which is funny, because the answer was YES ten years ago.

Shwaguy*

And then if we trade Kessel to Pitt for Kapanen and Pouliot try and snag Matt Murray as a high quality goalie prospect as well

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Leaving Boston with...13th,14th,15th...???

Uhhh...Are they going after Eichel?

My guess? Hanifin.

Those three picks might be enough for Phoenix, but man, they need a poster boy to send a message to their fans.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
okay. I am sorry.

Lucic is going to get multiple prospects
Dougie Hamilton went for 1st 2 nds
Lehner went for a 1st round pick...

but we can't get a 1st, prospect+ for a 35+ goal scorer?

All the deals you mentioned only serves notice that we will indeed get a big package for Phil, no matter what the haters here say. If it wasn't a huge expensive package required he would have been moved for a 1st this year already.

We just have to be patient. Hell Nash waited how long was it before NY made room and a good enough offer?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lucic deal involves a physical and Lebrun says it would involve 13.

So 13,14,15, and their 2nds.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Cool, so Boston can win a cup and be a contender for years, and now will rebuild before us. Ahahah such a leaf move.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
The gross part will be when Hunter picks Marner and Cherry says it's because they finally listened to him.

He won't take that same credit for Kadri though. Muslim kids don't get the same level of respect from old man grapes. He disgusts me.

Yeah the same Don Cherry who kissed Kadri on the cheek ala Doug Gilmour live on HNIC, surely he hates the kid. Anything else you want to make up to fit your boring ass narrative?

For someone who claims to hate the man so much you seem pretty emotionally invested in what he has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad