GDT: Leafs Draft Day Thread: 5hrs,10m Until Draft. Who are the 977th & 978th Maple Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Apparently SJ have offered pick 9 for Cam Talbot, if that is on the table, I move Bernier no problem (and i'm a Bernier fan)

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'd just like to see Kessel gone... it would be nice to get a top 12 draft pick... but as long as he's traded, I'll be happy.

That's stupid. Objectively, Kessel is our most valuable trade chip. Sending him away for a 4th round pick should piss you off because it means our managerial staff is horribly incompetent.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Apparently SJ have offered pick 9 for Cam Talbot, if that is on the table, I move Bernier no problem (and i'm a Bernier fan)

In a heartbeat. See if we can add and get Rourke Chartier in the deal.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

Good Lord, horrible deal for the Sharks if true. Beyond horrible.

YOYOTCROSTER*

Do Leafs and fans have patience for both Marner and Strome to play junior another year and then a year in ahl with marlies to develop physically into nhlers? Hanifin is physically big and strong and fast enough enough to play now.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I remember so many people saying that GMs won't move picks in this draft, they're far too valuable. Welp, it sounds like that idea has gone out the window.

9th overall for Talbot is just lunacy.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC · 13s13 seconds ago
Believe LA was waiting for medical clearance before making Lucic trade. Once they do, would expect it involves 13th pick among other pieces.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Pierre LeBrunVerified account
@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Leafs have firm offers on the table for Phil Kessel, expect to get more on the draft floor this evening. (con't)

wow this is huge.

Riding our selves of Phaneuf and Kessel and building a stock pile of prospects in the deepest draft since 2003 would be so refreshing and would really get me interested in this team again. I'm fine with missing out on a big Kessel return. If we can get 2 draft picks a 1st and a 2nd in this draft, I would honestly do it.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Do Leafs and fans have patience for both Marner and Strome to play junior another year and then a year in ahl with marlies to develop physically into nhlers? Hanifin is physically big and strong and fast enough enough to play now.

Neither Strome or Marner have anything to prove in the OHL. I think I would sign them quick and get in 1 year with the Marlies.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Believe LA was waiting for medical clearance before making Lucic trade. Once they do, would expect it involves 13th pick among other pieces.

Leaving Boston with...13th,14th,15th...???

Uhhh...Are they going after Eichel?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Nice, then they can have a Lucic - Stoll - Brown line that just runs around the ice hitting things and getting scored on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad