Prospect Info: Leafs Development Camp

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
After being the reason they even got a sniff at it in the first place. Pitt's offense ripped that team to Ribbons, while Murray made the Preds offense look like Timbits.

A tale of goaltending.... who'd'a thought?

Holtby was a major disappointment for the Caps.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I really think it's amazing that we have both Rinne and Murray at our development camp!!
I wonder if the will be a 1a 1b situation or if Rinne will be the backup?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I really think it's amazing that we have both Rinne and Murray at our development camp!!
I wonder if the will be a 1a 1b situation or if Rinne will be the backup?

I've done my best to direct attention to my original point on a few occasions. Someone else is content to argue with the clouds on an irrelevant point that nobody else was making...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I've done my best to direct attention to my original point on a few occasions. Someone else is content to argue with the clouds on an irrelevant point that nobody else was making...
Yes that someone has a penchat for doing that I've noticed.
But that's half the battle.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
You honestly cannot read nor comprehend what you can manage to make out. Nobody is ****ing talking about Rinne. Literally NOBODY but you.

Second, I never said anything about drafting a goalie to win us a cup as a rookie. You're putting that down as if I did. I didn't. I said (multiple times now) that we should get a goalie pipeline started from the junior ranks and overseas, and allow them to take their time developing, now that we have our goalie locked in for 4 years. We're bound to hit on a few, and they can be used either as internal replacements, or trade chips.

Again, you act like you're twelve years old with the namecalling. Shouldn't be surprised a petulant little twenty-something hasn't the slightest clue how to act and converse like an adult. Must be in your genetics.

Sounds like you are contradicting yourself now Grumpy. Notice how the ELC is even emphasized. Looks like you have some explaining to do. The facts are the facts. The chance of drafting a goalie that will become a starter and have a championship level impact on the team during his ELC or early years is simply unrealistic and never outweighs simply just paying the price for an average starter. Even your "top end goaltender carrying teams" argument has blown up. Sad.

You wouldn't take a Matt Murray? I would. Win 2 cups on an ELC, and save your firsts?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's really too bad we didn't have the opportunity to see Woll and Bracco in this camp. I expect they would've been the top performers, and it would've been nice to see where Woll was at.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hey guys, did Liljegren play two or three 'games' in Dev camp? In the two scrimmages that I caught pieces of (I guess the first and the last game) he had one goal and one assist. If he played, how did he perform in the one game I missed?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey guys, did Liljegren play two or three 'games' in Dev camp? In the two scrimmages that I caught pieces of (I guess the first and the last game) he had one goal and one assist. If he played, how did he perform in the one game I missed?

Only two.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
How did Robson look in camp? Anyone think he'd be worth keeping tabs on for the next few years? Seems like a great kid and his stats aren't too bad.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
How did Robson look in camp? Anyone think he'd be worth keeping tabs on for the next few years? Seems like a great kid and his stats aren't too bad.

He was good and I was interested until I realized he was 21 and in the BCHL. If he can maintain solid play in Minnesota next year I could see us having interest.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

every year there is "30 robsons" 1 in 30 of these invites have a chance and almost 0 as forwards ,leafs are just showing its fan base not much difference in a 4th round and the 30 invites ,
it helps tempering the fan base about seeing every prospect every year as a sure lock nhl'er .
now the marlies are a hard team to make ,
Orlando looks to be loaded too

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
every year there is "30 robsons" 1 in 30 of these invites have a chance and almost 0 as forwards ,leafs are just showing its fan base not much difference in a 4th round and the 30 invites ,
it helps tempering the fan base about seeing every prospect every year as a sure lock nhl'er .
now the marlies are a hard team to make ,
Orlando looks to be loaded too

I don't think that's what the leafs were aiming for. The invites are giving 100% out there while the draftees are chilling out knowing that they will get preference for any ELCs.

Tortora, Pospisil and Rueschoff showed they want to play pro in the future while some of the draftees such as Gordeev and Rasanen showed they may have a future in the road construction industry as...pylons.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
I don't think that's what the leafs were aiming for. The invites are giving 100% out there while the draftees are chilling out knowing that they will get preference for any ELCs.

Disagree with that opinion, personally

If that's what our draftees are thinking, then we picked the wrong
guys

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Disagree with that opinion, personally

If that's what our draftees are thinking, then we picked the wrong
guys

I agree, but I do think that the two sets have different goals during the prospect camp, and hence why they are split into those two groups to begin with. I think that the invites had to impress by showing off their skills, whereas the draft picks had to impress by showing that they were integrating the information they were being taught - which can often make players worse for a period of time as they adjust to new ways of doing things - for instance, Liljegren skating backwards in a straight line instead of his normal method (crossovers).

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
I agree, but I do think that the two sets have different goals during the prospect camp, and hence why they are split into those two groups to begin with. I think that the invites had to impress by showing off their skills, whereas the draft picks had to impress by showing that they were integrating the information they were being taught - which can often make players worse for a period of time as they adjust to new ways of doing things - for instance, Liljegren skating backwards in a straight line instead of his normal method (crossovers).

I can agree with this. Nice post

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

Good call. Also Lou Lam being impressed that although Timmy is a rushing dman he showed great poise and patience in the dev scrimmages

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad