Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Detroit, Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Don't forget about the Canes. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win their last 6 or come close to it.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Meh, not a must-win, but damn it would be nice. We win this one and bolts/canes lose, we're basically a lock for the playoffs. Just gotta make sure we stay ahead of the burs.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Every win makes it that much tougher on the teams behind us. So let's try and win this one. And it would be nice to take a shot at overtaking Ottawa. One more spot up the ladder.

member 262271

Going to miss this one unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure we got this. GLG!

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
There's no easy games and no games that we can't win. Just hoping we can stay hot and keep getting puck luck.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A win in regulation paired with an Ottawa regulation loss actually puts us ahead of them.

We'd hold the tiebreaker

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We NEED to capitalize on the teams below us in the standings. I am still so pissed off at that last Buffalo game. We NEED ! to get 2 points against both the wings and sabres. Our schedule to close out the season is ridiculously hard. Give ourselves some breathing room. And show up on time please. That Nashville game was all Andy, if we bring out that kind of effort again we'll need another Godlike performance from him.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
We NEED to capitalize on the teams below us in the standings. I am still so pissed off at that last Buffalo game. We NEED ! to get 2 points against both the wings and sabres. Our schedule to close out the season is ridiculously hard. Give ourselves some breathing room. And show up on time please. That Nashville game was all Andy, if we bring out that kind of effort again we'll need another Godlike performance from him.

That's not fair. The whole team played really well for two periods before sitting back and relying on Andersen in the 3rd.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I am more confident in our ability to take points in the games vs. WSH, PIT, TB, & CBJ than I am in our ability to get a win in Buffalo. :(

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I am more confident in our ability to take points in the games vs. WSH, PIT, TB, & CBJ than I am in our ability to get a win in Buffalo. :(

The team has shown an ability to bounceback against a team after having a bad game last time against them.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Meh, not a must-win, but damn it would be nice. We win this one and bolts/canes lose, we're basically a lock for the playoffs. Just gotta make sure we stay ahead of the burs.

I would say it is a must win, same as the buffalo game. Given who we play in our home stretch we need to get these "easy" games

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah, we need to get maximum points the next two games to give ourselves a good chance heading into the final home stand. Tampa is the only other team we play that is below us in the standings, and they are on a mission.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Last Leafs vs Wings game at the Joe.

Am assuming they will come out with a strong effort. Won't be an easy 2 points this one.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Anyone else find it amusing that in a place where most everyone follows the team almost obsessively, people continue to post about how the upcoming game is important like it's a revelation? :laugh:

GLobello

Dec 1, 2015
Detroit is a depleted team just riding out the season. The Leafs must must must take the 2pts on Saturday. We are a tire fire in Buffalo and then have 4 very tough games left. We need the two pts Saturday to put us at 91 and then we can get by just getting 2 or 3 pts from the final four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad