Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Detroit, Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Plain and simple, need 2 points against a struggling Detroit team.

Other Saturday night games -

Team we are chasing:
OTT @ WPG

Teams chasing us:
TBL vs MTL
BOS vs FLA

Forgot to add Pre-game talk in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's weird seeing Detroit fall into ruins this year. Hopefully the Leafs make short work of them.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Have to win the next two games against bad teams before the final 4 games which are pretty brutal.

I'm optimistic though, because they beat CBJ and NSH and went to OT with CHI so even though the last 4 games are tough they can still pick up points against anyone.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It's weird seeing Detroit fall into ruins this year. Hopefully the Leafs make short work of them.

Yeah it is, especially weird that a GM like Holland wants to do a quick fix to get the Wings back into the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised if they become the 2005-2009 version of the Leafs in the coming years.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just keep on moving ahead. Play the way they have been and they can get past Detroit. Keep grabbing points in as many games as possible. Chase down Ottawa and keep the pack behind us.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There's a good chance all the teams chasing us pick up points. We need a W.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hopefully Montreal can take care of Tampa tomorrow and then Boston can beat them in regulation on Tuesday. That would pretty much wrap things up as far as making the playoffs is concerned for us then it would be down to seeding.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hopefully Montreal can take care of Tampa tomorrow and then Boston can beat them in regulation on Tuesday. That would pretty much wrap things up as far as making the playoffs is concerned for us then it would be down to seeding.

Montreal helping us? With our luck, Montreal will drop both now that they clinched a playoff spot.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Montreal helping us? With our luck, Montreal will drop both now that they clinched a playoff spot.

Yep, I don't think Montreal will do us any favors - top in the Atlantic is pretty much sealed. I wouldn't play Price much in the tougher games - let him rest for the playoffs.

I'd say our schedule is definitely one of the worst, but we can hope that the top teams we face in the last few games put in an equally lackluster effort, play their backup goalie, etc etc.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yep, I don't think Montreal will do us any favors - top in the Atlantic is pretty much sealed. I wouldn't play Price much in the tougher games - let him rest for the playoffs.

I'd say our schedule is definitely one of the worst, but we can hope that the top teams we face in the last few games put in an equally lackluster effort, play their backup goalie, etc etc.

If Leafs can't grind out 5 or 6 points in the remaining games, then they were never good enough. That's they way I look at it. But right now I see a team that is good enough, they should be able to secure a playoff spot.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Could easily see Ottawa, Tampa and Boston winning Saturday night. Leafs need a win against the Wings.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Huge game against a team that doesn't need the points if anything they don't want them, so let us take them!

Play right and start on time and it should be 2 points.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Mantha's out for DET, pretty sure he killed us in the last game

Could see Blashill trying to show up Babcock though

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I don't think the last 4 games are that difficult for us as people think. All those teams except for Tempa are already in the playoffs and could be resting their stars

If we win Saturday and against Buffalo, it's on the rest of the teams to chase us. We control our own destiny at this point. We are right were we want to be

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Mantha's out for DET, pretty sure he killed us in the last game

Could see Blashill trying to show up Babcock though
Unless he's jumping on the ice, I'm not worried on that side of it. And really I'm sure Babcock and the Leafs are more interested in fulfilling their own expectations for themselves. Play their game.

And I suppose if there is a side bit of motivation, might be the Leafs winning one for Babcock in his last game in that building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille