Post-Game Talk: Leafs demolish the Scabs 6:0, wb AM34

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well if we can just trade for a few more grinders and slow dmen, we might be able to shock the league. Look out.

that's the spirit!!!! Please support that cause and let Bergevin trade all the picks to try to make the playoffs this season and save his job while ummm..... creating an "interesting" future for the montreal canadiens

Reactions: Max Money

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
The only thing that bothered me was that we were getting pushed around all night long. Kadris the only one who did anything really. Borgman laid some hits but where were Martin and Komarov? These guys get paid to take liberties on the other team when games get dicey and they were no where to be seen. The rest of the team is soft so I don’t expect it from them.

I’ll take the W all day though
I know what you're saying but either you missed the hits or were off-camera doesn't mean they didn't happen.

If you check the stats both Martin and Komarov laid out as many hits as Borgman did last night. Last night wasn't soft, even Zaits and Carrick were willing to drop their gloves while already up 5/6-0 in game.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
leafs needed to lay out more hits yesterday. this game was like the 2013 game where they won 6-0 against the habs, but less physical.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I know what you're saying but either you missed the hits or were off-camera doesn't mean they didn't happen.

If you check the stats both Martin and Komarov laid out as many hits as Borgman did last night. Last night wasn't soft, even Zaits and Carrick were willing to drop their gloves while already up 5/6-0 in game.

Just because the stat sheet says they had the same amount of “hits” doesn’t mean they were punishing. The hit stat is very flawed as it varies from building to building. That’s my point, our players were getting liberties taken against them (Matthews was knocked down a few times pretty roughly without the puck) and our tough guys did nothing to respond. Kadri got boarded and jumped, Hyman got boarded, Carrick got jumped and Zaitsev is our third most important PKer behind Andersen and Hainsey

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Canes fan here. Was told by leads fans that Marner is not a product of Auston Matthews because they never play together. I look at the box score and the stats say something different. What gives?
this is the only game where they played together. all of last season marner was with jvr and bozak.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kadri was lucky Benn did what he did, because Weber could have murdered him.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I did not like how nobody came to help out when Kadri was being jumped. I'd like to see a small mean streak from the team at times like that

Reactions: AnishLoomba and Eb

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I did not like how nobody came to help out when Kadri was being jumped. I'd like to see a small mean streak from the team at times like that
Agreed

Jake 'the creampuff' Gardiner coasted in for a better look

Reactions: one77

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Just because the stat sheet says they had the same amount of “hits” doesn’t mean they were punishing. The hit stat is very flawed as it varies from building to building. That’s my point, our players were getting liberties taken against them (Matthews was knocked down a few times pretty roughly without the puck) and our tough guys did nothing to respond. Kadri got boarded and jumped, Hyman got boarded, Carrick got jumped and Zaitsev is our third most important PKer behind Andersen and Hainsey

I'd say it was the reason Martin was put on the line with Matthews and Marners. And they responded with 2 more goals. I didn't see Matthews or Marner being taken advantage of while Martin was on that line though. Or maybe I'm mistaken?

Zeitsev dropped his gloves and asked Byron to go. Was Martin suppose to jump off the bench to be third man in? Hands getting hurt in a fight is a reality and a two-way street.

Kadri is well capable of handling himself. I didn't like the fact that he had to take on Weber while being held by Benn as line-mates looked on. Again Martin on the bench. Webers hand could get hurt fighting also.

Gallagher is 5'9", Carrick did just fine without Martin. I could just imagine the backlash from both fan bases if Martin would drop his gloves and dummy Gallagher. Gallagher hands could have been hurt also.

I didn't think Komarov was "a tough guy". I thought he was a physical player who takes the body. But I wasn't aware dropping the gloves was in his wheelhouse.

If you're saying we lack a bit of team toughness in the sense of larger more physical teams pushing our smaller players around occasionally, I'd agree. But I get the sense that a lot of vocal Leaf fans don't mind this and would rather see a guy like Martin out the door. I'd bet our skilled players have a differing opinion, and thankfully so do the coaching staff and management. Put the Martin pitchfork down.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Nice hockey hair Bozak
IMG_2508.jpg

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

I'm pretty sure I recall nylander skating in to help but he got taken out alongthe boards. Either way I thought the same, you gotta help your teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad