Post-Game Talk: Leafs defeat Sabres 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hot take but Gauthier has better wingers than Nylander. Sucks for Willy.

D0S7lNmVsAEY8z3.jpg

funny cuz it's true

Reactions: saffronleaf

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
If he can become a playoff beast, perennial 100 point/50 goal centre, put his injury issues behind him and is regularly in contention for the big individual awards then we can say the deal isn't too bad.
He would be if he didn't get significantly fewer minutes than any comparable. We paid for what kind of player he is, not what we get out of him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Can someone please make a gif of Dahlin flopping and flailing on the ice as he loses the puck on the powerplay and Kapenen charges away to score the short-handed goal?

I need to post it every time a Buffalo fan refers to him as "Generational".
What are you on about? He didn't lose it, the pass to him bounced off the referee and changed direction. There was literally nothing he could do.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I have never heard anything like it. I thought he was drunk.

I didn’t hear it, but he’s the same when he calls into the pregame show. A lot of times he’s right in his assessment, however, he needs to work on the presentation.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can’t really expect other fan bases to know about this. But I do expect the commentators and panelists to discuss this. Maybe someone should call in the radio and start this discussion and see how that goes

The refs can’t just make up calls and it’s not like the refs miss many.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Hot take but Gauthier has better wingers than Nylander. Sucks for Willy.

D0S7lNmVsAEY8z3.jpg

Going by this, wouldn`t you also have to say that every other winger has a better centre than Marleau and Brown? Sucks for Brown and Marleau.:(;)

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Still no visable system but tons of skill and Frederik Andersen.
Babcock still sucks. He managed to screw Nylander again with Marleau on his wing. Marleau still looks old, like a pensioner. Special teams are special: the PK is off. PP is streaky at best.

Reactions: Nooodles

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Tough start to the game, very little calls that went their way but they pushed through and got it done.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
The refs can’t just make up calls and it’s not like the refs miss many.

If you only watch Leafs games, it doesn’t stick out as much.

If you watch the other skilled teams like Tampa, you’ll notice how easily and consistently they get powerplays. Skill teams in general should be drawing more PPs.

The panel (Gord Miller multiple times) have talked about how the refs are scared to call penalties in leafs games because of how good their PP is (granted he said that earlier in the season). Some have also speculated the refs have a vendetta against our coach after he called them out in the past.

The reason is not clear but the intent is very blatantly to not give the Leafs powerplays.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If you only watch Leafs games, it doesn’t stick out as much.

If you watch the other skilled teams like Tampa, you’ll notice how easily and consistently they get powerplays. Skill teams in general should be drawing more PPs.

The panel (Gord Miller multiple times) have talked about how the refs are scared to call penalties in leafs games because of how good their PP is (granted he said that earlier in the season). Some have also speculated the refs have a vendetta against our coach after he called them out in the past.

The reason is not clear but the intent is very blatantly to not give the Leafs powerplays.

I watch games every night and I do not think the refs or the NHL have a vendetta against the Leafs. Do they miss some? Sure, but it evens out over the course of the game and season. They can’t make up penalties just to give the Leafs a PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad