Proposal: Leafs - Coyotes

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Yeah, a 4th round goalie pick playing on a stacked team... his team is 25-1. Look at his stats from all the rest of his junior years.

To the Coyotes
a 3rd round pick from 2018 that appears to have regressed.
A hot 4th round goalie pick who's team is 25-1.
A first round pick from 5 years ago that is going to be an AHL lifer.
A late first round pick in the upcoming draft.

FOR

To the Leafs.
4th liner, might have 3rd line ceiling.
a young 21 year old RW with lots of promise (33P, 15G as a 20 year old last season)
a bonafide 35-40 point Dman at $2,737,500 AAV for the next 2.5 years

Wow... I'm sure Chayka is licking his chops at this proposal.

... you forgot to include Nylander from the Leafs... then it's more fair.

@TSN Jdog, you truly should not be able to post trade proposals anymore.

Edit: Arizona Coyotes retaining salary... :biglaugh:
Could they also be real good because their goalie is really good?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Does anyone really think this is a good or even decent proposal ?

If so, PM me.

I've got a great bridge to sell, in a great location.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Watch how he plays not just stat watch, I actually live in Saskatchewan and watch Raiders and Blades and sometimes the Warriors and Pat's, like the least you can do is go watch a full game of his. Actually watch multiple

Why? It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a goalie prospect and his value is minimal.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Arizona can do way better and why are we after another left handed defenseman anyway?

TSN Jdog strikes again.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah a WHL goalie who has never faced a professional shot will surely swing the trade. Did you check Scott’s stats PRIOR to this season, coincidentally a season in which Prince Albert is multiple games ahead of every other team in the WHL and has five more wins than the second best team? Perhaps that has something to do with his stats, hmm? No I’m sure it’s just because of Ian Scott.

It has a lot to do with Ian Scott... More than anyone else on that team, including Leason. He's a large reason why they are winning all of those games.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
From a Toronto perspective I only really have interest in Fischer but we have more pressing needs. Arizona can do better than this.

/Thread

Exactly what I was going to say. Was going to add that we wouldn't deal 4 assets I am sure the Leafs are not super motivated to move for that kind of return.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, a 4th round goalie pick playing on a stacked team... his team is 25-1. Look at his stats from all the rest of his junior years.

To the Coyotes
a 3rd round pick from 2018 that appears to have regressed.
A hot 4th round goalie pick who's team is 25-1.
A first round pick from 5 years ago that is going to be an AHL lifer.
A late first round pick in the upcoming draft.

FOR

To the Leafs.
4th liner, might have 3rd line ceiling.
a young 21 year old RW with lots of promise (33P, 15G as a 20 year old last season)
a bonafide 35-40 point Dman at $2,737,500 AAV for the next 2.5 years

Wow... I'm sure Chayka is licking his chops at this proposal.

... you forgot to include Nylander from the Leafs... then it's more fair.

@TSN Jdog, you truly should not be able to post trade proposals anymore.

Edit: Arizona Coyotes retaining salary... :biglaugh:

I know, right? How could they ever afford to snatch Matthews out from under the Leafs if they're stuck paying for guys on other teams?

Reactions: zar

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Arizona should do this trade but no retention on Goligoski. Opens up even more cap space for the Auston Matthews offer sheet.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why would Toronto even make this trade? It's just a move for the sake of a move.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Heavily favours Toronto.

Doesn't "heavily" favour anyone. There's not a ton of quality being given up by Arizona, and Toronto gives up a 1st and 2 dark horse prospects not worth prematurely moving on.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Doesn't "heavily" favour anyone. There's not a ton of quality being given up by Arizona, and Toronto gives up a 1st and 2 dark horse prospects not worth prematurely moving on.
The first would be very late. Goalie prospects have little value and the Goat is still not considered an NHL regular.

Goligoski is at the very least an NHL player, Crouse has played more games than the Goat and is 3 years younger and Fischer put in 15 goals last year and is looking like he might be double digits again this year for goals.

Seems to me like it favours Toronto.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The first would be very late. Goalie prospects have little value and the Goat is still not considered an NHL regular.

Goligoski is at the very least an NHL player, Crouse has played more games than the Goat and is 3 years younger and Fischer put in 15 goals last year and is looking like he might be double digits again this year for goals.

Seems to me like it favours Toronto.

It's just not worth the trouble for either side. Coyotes shouldn't dealing two young bodies up front, Toronto has no real room to play them and doesn't really use someone like Crouse. Goligoski is another LHD. We have Dermott blossoming behind Rielly and Gardiner. Plus Toronto is still stockpiling, and the 1st, Scott and SDA are good to keep around for good housekeeping.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
It's just not worth the trouble for either side. Coyotes shouldn't dealing two young bodies up front, Toronto has no real room to play them and doesn't really use someone like Crouse. Goligoski is another LHD. We have Dermott blossoming behind Rielly and Gardiner. Plus Toronto is still stockpiling, and the 1st, Scott and SDA are good to keep around for good housekeeping.

This is about value. I don't disagree that these are a bunch of pieces that the Leafs don't really need but it doesn't really change the fact that the Arizona pieces are worth more.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is about value. I don't disagree that these are a bunch of pieces that the Leafs don't really need but it doesn't really change the fact that the Arizona pieces are worth more.

No, I wouldn't concede that at all. There's very little value coming out of Arizona in this package. They're just warm-ish bodies on a not so competitive team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00