Proposal: Leafs - Coyotes

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Goligoski will certainly command more than this from practically any team in a TDL bidding scenario. AZ trades a good Dman, retains salary (?, what exactly in the history of that franchise suggested this to you?), for a likely very late 1st and some afterthoughts. I mean, honestly, I’d likely take Crouse OR Fischer over all those Leaf pieces outside the 1st, combined. Something tells me AZ doesn’t touch this pile.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Horrible for Arizona. A late first doesn’t make up the difference between the value of their pieces and the Leafs’

Feb 24, 2017
Arizona laughs maniacally and hangs up the phone and blocks the number and tells everyone how much classless Toronto is butt hurt AINEC subbans

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I mean let’s just take a look at what you’re proposing here. You’re proposing that a team who just traded two disappointing young players for someone who is much more proven and established, in hopes of improving their team, now trades (and even retains on!) a capable depth defenseman who now is even more needed because of injuries to Demers and Chychrun, and two of the remaining young forwards they developed, for a dime a dozen goalie prospect, a first round bust, a C prospect, and a late first round pick. Does this seem like something they would do based on the direction their franchise is headed in? Did you honestly think that this proposal makes sense for both sides? Seriously?

Reactions: BringJordanHome

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Maybe you guys should check out Ian Scott first
Yeah a WHL goalie who has never faced a professional shot will surely swing the trade. Did you check Scott’s stats PRIOR to this season, coincidentally a season in which Prince Albert is multiple games ahead of every other team in the WHL and has five more wins than the second best team? Perhaps that has something to do with his stats, hmm? No I’m sure it’s just because of Ian Scott.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
i like how everyones like "derp no har this is like the worst" and if we come back in like 3 yrs this could be a really good trade. You internet GMs tho, you know so much.

Feb 24, 2017
I mean let’s just take a look at what you’re proposing here. You’re proposing that a team who just traded two disappointing young players for someone who is much more proven and established, in hopes of improving their team, now trades (and even retains on!) a capable depth defenseman who now is even more needed because of injuries to Demers and Chychrun, and two of the remaining young forwards they developed, for a dime a dozen goalie prospect, a first round bust, a C prospect, and a late first round pick. Does this seem like something they would do based on the direction their franchise is headed in? Did you honestly think that this proposal makes sense for both sides? Seriously?
This is the most words I have ever seen you write. This shows you are not just a bot posting twitter news. Mazel tov.

Last edited by a moderator:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah a WHL goalie who has never faced a professional shot will surely swing the trade. Did you check Scott’s stats PRIOR to this season, coincidentally a season in which Prince Albert is multiple games ahead of every other team in the WHL and has five more wins than the second best team? Perhaps that has something to do with his stats, hmm? No I’m sure it’s just because of Ian Scott.

Last year he was 24-16-3? I'm not even a leaf fan, but like Scott is tearing up rn ar 21-1 with only 35 GA, has a 1..59 GAA and .945 save %

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
He’s a goalie prospect in juniors his numbers mean absolutely nothing.
Watch how he plays not just stat watch, I actually live in Saskatchewan and watch Raiders and Blades and sometimes the Warriors and Pat's, like the least you can do is go watch a full game of his. Actually watch multiple

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
:coyotes

2019 1st round pick (TOR)

G - Ian Scott (RFA)

C - Gauthier, Frédérik ($675,000)

C - Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon ($800,000)

:leafs

D - Goligoski, Alex ($5,475,000) - Retained: $2,737,500 (50%)

LW - Crouse, Lawson ($894,167)

RW - Fischer, Christian ($821,666)

Maybe you guys should check out Ian Scott first

Yeah, a 4th round goalie pick playing on a stacked team... his team is 25-1. Look at his stats from all the rest of his junior years.

To the Coyotes
a 3rd round pick from 2018 that appears to have regressed.
A hot 4th round goalie pick who's team is 25-1.
A first round pick from 5 years ago that is going to be an AHL lifer.
A late first round pick in the upcoming draft.

FOR

To the Leafs.
4th liner, might have 3rd line ceiling.
a young 21 year old RW with lots of promise (33P, 15G as a 20 year old last season)
a bonafide 35-40 point Dman at $2,737,500 AAV for the next 2.5 years

Wow... I'm sure Chayka is licking his chops at this proposal.

... you forgot to include Nylander from the Leafs... then it's more fair.

@TSN Jdog, you truly should not be able to post trade proposals anymore.

Edit: Arizona Coyotes retaining salary... :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Baksfamous112

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
From a Toronto perspective I only really have interest in Fischer but we have more pressing needs. Arizona can do better than this.

/Thread

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Goligoski will certainly command more than this from practically any team in a TDL bidding scenario. AZ trades a good Dman, retains salary (?, what exactly in the history of that franchise suggested this to you?), for a likely very late 1st and some afterthoughts. I mean, honestly, I’d likely take Crouse OR Fischer over all those Leaf pieces outside the 1st, combined. Something tells me AZ doesn’t touch this pile.
Goligoski will maybe get you a 2nd and a prospect if you retain like 1 million in salary.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
i like how everyones like "derp no har this is like the worst" and if we come back in like 3 yrs this could be a really good trade. You internet GMs tho, you know so much.

While I agree with you on principle, sometimes trade proposals are so awful they deserve to mocked. This proposal for example.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
This OP is like the equivalent of the one dude from Winnipeg.

Never seen a good proposal by either of them.

Reactions: Vino

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Would rather not do this trade as a leafs fan. Ian scott is our best goalie prospect and he happens to be the best Goalie prospect in JR hokcey .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:coyotes

2019 1st round pick (TOR)

G - Ian Scott (RFA)

C - Gauthier, Frédérik ($675,000)

C - Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon ($800,000)

:leafs

D - Goligoski, Alex ($5,475,000) - Retained: $2,737,500 (50%)

LW - Crouse, Lawson ($894,167)

RW - Fischer, Christian ($821,666)
:facepalm:

Reactions: BabyPanda

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Would rather not do this trade as a leafs fan. Ian scott is our best goalie prospect and he happens to be the best Goalie prospect in JR hokcey .

Yeah, can’t wait for him to be Canada’s #1 Goalie next month... if he even make the team :huh::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad