Post-Game Talk: Leafs "clinch" 29th Overall. (I'd say the Line was Drawn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnbalor*

JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Matthews/Laine/Puljujarve - Nylander - 2018 top ten pick

Liljegren - Rielly

My dream rebuild atm

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
JVR - Stamkos - Marner

Liljegren - Rielly

My dream rebuild atm

Doubt we get Stamkos. I'm a proponent for Liljegren though. So damn talented.

Laine - Nylander - Marner
Timashov - Kadri - JVR

Rielly - Liljegren (Lil is a RHD)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
JVR - Stamkos - Marner

Liljegren - Rielly

My dream rebuild atm
Full press fantasy:
Jvr stamkos marner
Liane nylander brown
Komorov patrick johnson

Rielly mcavoy
Gardiner Zaitsev
Loov carrick

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Detroit shuts out Philly, 3-0. The Flyers will be loaded for bear tomorrow. This marks the end of a perfect evening.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Curious as to why your fantasy would have Laine over Matthews?

Because imo mathews and liane are fairly close, then adding stamkos and patrick puts up over the top. Also I think willie is going to be a stud so that would speed up our contending time line by quite a bit and still give us longevity.
When stamkos is ready to stand down, willie or patrick will be ready to step in and liane will still ge a stud finnish finisher.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Because imo mathews and liane are fairly close, then adding stamkos and patrick puts up over the top. Also I think willie is going to be a stud so that would speed up our contending time line by quite a bit and still give us longevity.
When stamkos is ready to stand down, willie or patrick will be ready to step in and liane will still ge a stud finnish finisher.

When players are fairly close, I take the center. I also take the better skater. That's Matthews.
Also adding Matthews,Stamkos and Patrick doesn't not put us over the top if the other guys do.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
A few things:

- For those in attendance, thank you. Our fans showed once again why we're the best fans in hockey. Everybody and their mother knew we had to lose this game, but the fans in the building still cheered the team on. None of what the Sabres fans did last year. "Go Leafs Go" could still be heard with 5 minutes left in the 3rd and the team got a well-deserved applause at the end for a hard-fought season.

- Obviously a loss is great for us. I'm not complaining. However I would have liked to have seen more an effort by the boys. This was embarrassing tonight. We haven't had many of these nights this year, no matter the quality of roster we ice, but was definitely one. Which brings me to...

- This feels real weird. Everything is falling into place. It's perfect... too perfect. This is the Leafs. Something has to go wrong. Something always goes wrong. Are we going to win out? Lose the lottery? God only knows. I just don't like the omen of losing tonight the way we did and this team's history of bad luck.

No worries, man. This club isn't haunted anymore. That's just the rest of the pre-Shanaplan symptoms leaving you...That "perfect" feeling began a while ago, and hasn't really stopped that I can see, and will continue, Matthews, Laine, Dubois...The mark of imminent contention I think, is whether we pick 1 or 121, this group has actual, demonstrative pedigree when it comes to mining and developing talent, independent of the round, independent of the league mined from, and has done it at every level.

And instead of just London or the Soo, Detroit or New Jersey benefitting from their expertise, it's Toronto.

Lessons to learn ahead, sure. But...this is definitely the right way. We definitely got a hold of the right map this time around.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
When players are fairly close, I take the center. I also take the better skater. That's Matthews.
Also adding Matthews,Stamkos and Patrick doesn't not put us over the top if the other guys do.
I'm not adverse to mathews, and if we chose 1st overall I would expect us to draft him as I do believe he is bpa.
That said I think liane is a game breaker. He's not as nimble as mathews but he can skate very well, great acceleration and top end speed. Also he is a tank, and only going to get stronger. His shot is better than mathews and with willie feeding him dishes it would be a delicious display of dynamic deftness!
I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that the chemistry would be off the hook.
The case for patrick is that he could be as good as mathews. Yes I know this is conjecture, but thats why I said full fantasy.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Who's Patrick, McAvoy and Liljegren? Are those prospects in next years draft?

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Liljegren seems to be the big consensus top 5 defender in next draft thus far. some are calling him a lidstrom/karlsson hybrid

are our only real target looking in to next draft should be doing everything in our power to draft him.. also another right handed shot also. someone to line up beside reilly for a decade

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Liljegren seems to be the big consensus top 5 defender in next draft thus far. some are calling him a lidstrom/karlsson hybrid

are our only real target looking in to next draft should be doing everything in our power to draft him.. also another right handed shot also. someone to line up beside reilly for a decade

I see. What about Patrick and McAvoy? Are they prospects for next years draft too?

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
mcavoy is another defender from this years crop, should be there in the 15-25 range depending on other teams needs.

Nolan Patrick seems to be another top pick in the upcoming draft currently on the wheatkings. also the hyped number one thus far for 2017 6'01 at 16 skilled center

this guy from the draft site couldn't play to my fantasy any harder lol

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2017/

McAvoy is this year rhd
Patrick is next year 2017 1st overall early consensus.

beat me while I was looking up the mock draft

damn.. I miss my double digit post count.. now it feels like im here to much lol

also it really seems that the top mock for 2017 is really center and Defence heavy

Last edited by a moderator:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
mcavoy is another defender from this years crop, should be there in the 15-25 range depending on other teams needs.

Nolan Patrick seems to be another top pick in the upcoming draft currently on the wheatkings. also the hyped number one thus far for 2017 6'01 at 16 skilled center

this guy from the draft site couldn't play to my fantasy any harder lol

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2017/

Cool website. I'm thinking if we draft 3rd overall in 2017 Yamamoto is solid too. I don't know anything about liljegren, but I will have to start tracking him now.
Thanks.

also it really seems that the top mock for 2017 is really center and Defence heavy

Ya 2017 is looking like it will be a fairly deep draft.
As bad as this sounds I really hope we are or get a top 10 for 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
So smart of Lou to send down Hyman and Connor Carrick. Those two were making the team too solid for comfort. Soon as those two went down, all the excess energy and air went out of our bubble and lets face it, the remaining Leafs smelt a tank at that point and basically complied.

Finally a smart upper management team.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
So smart of Lou to send down Hyman and Connor Carrick. Those two were making the team too solid for comfort. Soon as those two went down, all the excess energy and air went out of our bubble and lets face it, the remaining Leafs smelt a tank at that point and basically complied.

Finally a smart upper management team.

Don't forget losing Soshnikov and Connor Brown.

The best leaf rookies are Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Shoshnikov, Connor Carrick and Leivo.

I will admit that Marincin and Corrado have been decent down the stretch as well.

Valiev and Loov based on small sample sizes looked ok.

The rest do not belong. Especially Kapanen. He's just not ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad