Post-Game Talk: Leafs "clinch" 29th Overall. (I'd say the Line was Drawn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Basically this game determines where we are going to be.
If we lose, pre-lotto we're 30th-29th
if we win... we're 28th+

What we know - Sparks is starting.
more information throughout the day

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Whoever scored last game must be shutdown for the rest of the season and ECHL call-ups must commence!

Go Leafs/Marlies/SolarBears!

Mad Brills*

Basically this game determines where we are going to be.
If we lose, pre-lotto we're 30th-29th
if we win... we're 28th+

What we know - Sparks is starting.
more information throughout the day

With last night's results, the leafs won't be higher than 28th.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The Leafs need to shut down Greening. I could see him tearing it up and it scares me

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yes, guaranteed 28th. pre-lottery now.

6th. overall pick guaranteed.

Realistically, 29th. should be possible, 30th. is up to the Oilers, I don't think Leafs can run the inverse table.

We'll need help from the Oilers. I am hoping the Oilers can muster 1 win against Vancouver.

Last edited:

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Yes, guaranteed 28th. pre-lottery now.

6th. overall pick guaranteed.

Realistically, 29th. should be possible, 30th. is up to the Oilers, I don't think Leafs can run the inverse table.

I get that we can't catch Calgary, but isn't it still possible for us to pass Vancouver, therefore making 27th a (remote) possibility? Am I missing something?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I get that we can't catch Calgary, but isn't it still possible for us to pass Vancouver, therefore making 27th a (remote) possibility? Am I missing something?

Can't catch Vancouver, Winnipeg or Calgary now. We have the lowest ROW in the league.

Mad Brills*

Leafs could catch columbus in ROW, and would have the h2h record. Though that only matters if they win tonight.

And this is the one game where a shootout/OT loss is ok too!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Columbus Blue Jackets at Toronto Maple Leafs: Wednesday game preview

Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner has career highs in goals and points.

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Tue Apr 05 2016

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN 1050

Key matchup:Boone Jenner vs. Jake Gardiner. Jenner, the former Oshawa General, is having his best season in the NHL, with a career high 30 goals and 48 points. He’s a big body, so he’ll be a challenge to Gardiner and the rest of the Leafs defence.

Need to know: Columbus coach John Tortorella is not about to hand out ice time if he feels a player isn’t deserving. The coach has been going with rookie goaltender Joonas Korpisalo of late and sitting veteran Sergei Bobrovsky. Tortorella also benched 13-year veteran Scott Hartnell on Monday. Hartnell has one goal in his last 10 games . . . Jackets captain Nick Foligno scored a goal in a loss to the Rangers, marking just his first goal in his last 16 games. Foligno’s 11 goals and 25 assists are his lowest totals since his first season in Columbus (2012-13) . . . Defenceman Cody Goloubef left the Rangers game with an oblique injury. Columbus recalled RW Josh Anderson from the AHL and added D Justin Falk on an emergency basis to fill out the roster.

Up next: Thursday at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So we have a bit of a margin for error, though tiny. If worse comes to worse, we can allow a tie in regulation as long as we make sure to lose in overtime. What do you want to bet it comes down to a shoot out? I bite my tongue.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
This is the most interesting game day thread
so far that I've seen this season.

Some really really witty comments.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
A shootout/OT loss would clinch finishing below Columbus.

Over/under on Tortorella complaining after the game about the quality of the Leafs' lineup?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Need to know: Columbus coach John Tortorella is not about to hand out ice time if he feels a player isn’t deserving. The coach has been going with rookie goaltender Joonas Korpisalo of late and sitting veteran Sergei Bobrovsky.

Tortorella also benched 13-year veteran Scott Hartnell on Monday. Hartnell has one goal in his last 10 games . . .

Jackets captain Nick Foligno scored a goal in a loss to the Rangers, marking just his first goal in his last 16 games. Foligno’s 11 goals and 25 assists are his lowest totals since his first season in Columbus (2012-13) . . .

So Tortorella has really made a huge improvement ... yeah.

You're the man Torts! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad