Confirmed with Link: Leafs claim Corrado off waivers. Panik sent down (clears waivers).

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
This puts the Marlies in the scary territory when it was all ready very strong.

Barring a monumental collapse of a lot of different players and/or a massive amount of injuries, the Marlies should be a contender for the Calder cup.

I bet this year's edition of the Marlies could have beaten last year's edition of the Leafs on a few of their lazier nights. Month by month I think we are slowly getting better.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I'm glad he passed waivers, Panik can be brought back to the Leafs when needed, he really hasn't been given a good shot to make the team but maybe playing regularly on the Marlies, he can regain his game and fit in.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I'm glad he passed waivers, Panik can be brought back to the Leafs when needed, he really hasn't been given a good shot to make the team but maybe playing regularly on the Marlies, he can regain his game and fit in.

Just wanted to be clear on the rules, would he have to clear waivers to be called up? I believe in the past this was the case but I am not sure if this was altered to only when you intend to send a player down or not.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Just wanted to be clear on the rules, would he have to clear waivers to be called up? I believe in the past this was the case but I am not sure if this was altered to only when you intend to send a player down or not.

Re-entry waivers do NOT exist anymore. He can move back up to NHL with no issue.

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org

There are no more re-entry waivers. Once they have cleared down they can come back up.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad Panik slid through ... He'll be on a loaded Marlies squad, and will hopefully be able to find some consistency in his effectiveness on the ice.

He's 24 now? Getting up there but power forwards take some time to put it together. He'll probably be a prime recall candidate for the Leafs if plays well in the minors. Hopefully Keefe can coach him up well.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Glad Panik slid through ... He'll be on a loaded Marlies squad, and will hopefully be able to find some consistency in his effectiveness on the ice.

He's 24 now? Getting up there but power forwards take some time to put it together. He'll probably be a prime recall candidate for the Leafs if plays well in the minors. Hopefully Keefe can coach him up well.

He'll be back up with the Leafs once Lupul hits the IR. But for now, he's another weapon for the top 3 lines on the Marlies. He was a monster for TBL's AHL team.

Hopefully he can get back to at least last years play. Not great but a lot better then what he showed in pre-season.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Little bit surprised Panik slipped through. Glad to still have him around and I'm almost certain he'll be up sometime later in the season.

He showed enough last year to be on this team.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

“There’s always concerns, but there’s a time and a place for everything,†Lamoriello told Hockey Central at Noon.

“Right now the most important thing is what can we do here to get this team to play to the best of its abilities. In my opinion, you play exactly who you need to play to have the most success. People have to be ready when they’re given that opportunity to take advantage of it.â€

You can listen to Toronto Maple Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello's interview on Hockey Central @ Noon at the following link:

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_dema...,-and-Gord-Stellick-hc-20151113-Interview.mp3

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad