Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs will need 4 or 5 goals a game against Boston with Sammy letting shit in from all over. Just the way it is right now.

You'd think the highest scoring team from the season could figure something out.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
watching the pregame media availability, ngl feels like bad vibes throughout.

people used to say Tavares was a good choice as captain in this city because he's stoic. I think we're at a point where we need someone fiery.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Why do I get the impression that Willy isn't hurt. Seems weird that he was okay during the last few regular season games.
Kind of think that Willy is shying away from the rough physical game of Bruin playoff hockey, not his style of hockey, never has been! Scared to get hit and avoids the corners without hesitation. I wouldn't be surprised that he will be okay after the series.

Reactions: JKG33
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
There's a play you can use here, called "flip the puck out". But it tends to lead to losing possession, so Keefe treats it like the plague. But you have to throw a few in or every team in the league is going to figure out how you like to get the puck out of your zone.

Yeah I think the Panthers did that a lot during last year's run, especially after extended shifts in the D zone. There's really no upside in reversing the puck to keep possession when you're tired.

Even early in the shift, they flipped it out at times and their speedy forwards put pressure on the D trying to track the puck.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Leafs will need 4 or 5 goals a game against Boston with Sammy letting shit in from all over. Just the way it is right now.

You'd think the highest scoring team from the season could figure something out.
The leafs haven’t scored more than 2 goals in a playoff game in 8 straight.

Were f***ing done

Can’t score
Can save a puck

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Why do I get the impression that Willy isn't hurt. Seems weird that he was okay during the last few regular season games.
Kind of think that Willy is shying away from the rough physical game of Bruin playoff hockey, not his style of hockey, never has been! Scared to get hit and avoids the corners without hesitation. I wouldn't be surprised that he will be okay after the series.
Nylander rarely misses games so this is farfetched. Also he goes to the slot often meanwhile I've never seen Marner between the dots in the playoffs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Man, it's crazy to think people at that way even care. The West teams are pretty much an afterthought at best here.

Yeah I think the Panthers did that a lot during last year's run, especially after extended shifts in the D zone. There's really no upside in reversing the puck to keep possession when you're tired.

Even early in the shift, they flipped it out at times and their speedy forwards put pressure on the D trying to track the puck.
There's a time and place. Carolina rode it to a cup right out of the lockout. Their D lacked talent, but was a little quicker, little smarter, less physical than ours.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Let’s see. A win here can change our outlook drastically. I don’t like the defeatist aura, I get suckered into it too. They can do this. They can win this series.
All we need is 1 of the first 2. The Leafs had their chances in game 1, just need to capitalize

Win tonight and suddenly we have home ice and took a game without our 2nd best player

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Yep, though Keefe still has an annoying tendency to activate the entire defense in spots they really shouldn't. The other thing the D likes to do that annoys the shit out of me is ringing the puck around the boards every single time they want to get it out. Since they ALWAYS do that, you can see other teams' forecheckers move to the boards when one of our D-men has the puck in the defensive zone; they KNOW the D-man's probably going to throw it around the boards and out.

That shit worked wonders for the Penguins in 2017.

Seriously, I got tired of seeing it... but they had a pretty lackluster defense and made it work.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just seen a clip on Overdrive, he did not look good at all

If he effed up his back or neck while sleeping; that’s gonna take a good 2 weeks to a month to feel normal.

And by normal I don’t mean game ready.

Let’s see what other already 11AAV players have in store lol :laugh:

If I was home I would pull out my joker meme origin story lol

See you folks at 7ish

Reactions: Cleetus

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

A lot of skilled wingers aren't particularly physical or great at board battles (especially in today's League). Not being great at these things is no reason to sit out... lol.

They should have rested him the last week. They had nothing to play for and there was no reason for him to be playing other than to try to hit 100 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad