Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
No doubt in my mind that the Leafs can beat Boston, but I'm equally certain they can beat themselves. Depends which they want more

Even the folks who thought we will win this series never thought it would be easy. Not sure what the panic is about. This is the Leafs they gotta make it as stressful as possible.

Going back to Toronto tied.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If you want to make a series out of this, you gotta win this game

I think it’ll be a good performance, they don’t usually give us two no shows…well apart from florida
I think this one will start the string of overtime games in this series.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think this one will start the string of overtime games in this series.
going to have to be much more sharper and generate the chances that go in

Samsonov is also going to have to tighten up and not let goals like the 2nd one and 3rd one in.

If Nylander is back that should help the offence though

Reactions: hamzarocks

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Good job guys, you've successfully lowered our expectations to manageable levels. Go out there and don't get embarrassed and the fans will be happy enough.

f*** YOU ALL!

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Come home with the series tied and there in a okay spot.

They need to absolutely handle their forecheck better, which will lead to cleaner breakouts.
Get to the greasy areas for tip ins and garbage goals.
Just tie the PK/PP battle.. You don't even need to win it.. Just make it null and void.

They need to play with a lead aswell.. they haven’t had the lead ONCE, the entire year against Boston.

Last edited:

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Feel like they need to win this one. Can't go back to their home barn, where the crowd will be sitting on pins and needles, and the spotlight even brighter, down two games to Boston.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I spy with my little eye, everyone who was scratched from game 1!

No changes, unless Nylander is good to go? If so, who comes out?

Robertson most likely, and then Dewar when McMann is out.

It is hard to score goals against Boston, they have good D and the best tandem in the league, I'd be fine taking out guys who make a lot of mistakes.

Is Nylander hurt or suspended for being late? I find this situation very suspicious. Its well known Nylander is late for almost everything, I wonder if he has been punished for it now.

Someone else brought it up, and I agree, it is most likely food poisoning or something.

I can't see it being a punishment, that is punishing the team, not just him.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They need to find their game and not be overly aggressive.
Keefe also needs to keep thing simple and don't galaxy braining.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Need Sammy to actually be a good goalie tomorrow. Willy needs to be playing tomorrow, unfortunately McMann likely won't be playing this series because he suits playoff hockey.

Bert Matthews Domi
Jarnkrok Tavares Marner(shutdown line)
Knies Holmberg Nylander
Dewar Kampf Reeves( best line yesterday)

Rielly Lilly(pure offensive duties)
Benoit McCabe
Edmundson Brodie(moves the puck better than Boosh and can PK)

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Is Nylander hurt or suspended for being late? I find this situation very suspicious. Its well known Nylander is late for almost everything, I wonder if he has been punished for it now.

The devil in me wants to believe that he was reprimanded for the lacklustre play on the delayed high stick call against Tampa that lead to a breakaway goal.

But again would they do that for a playoff game?

Reactions: mapleleaf979

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
You just need one of the first two and home ice flips

Need the stars to wake up here, you can't just outplay the opponent you need to score goals

Reactions: Clark4Ever

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Are they seriously thinking of starting Sammy again
If you don't and start Woll and Woll shits the bed, what do we do in game 3? Most of this frustration should be directed towards management though. We are in a division against 10M Vezina Bob, Vezina-numbers Swayman/Ullmark, and legend of the game Vasilevsky. But we get Campbell, Samsonov, and mental-boomed Andersen. We lost before we even started.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If you don't and start Woll and Woll shits the bed, what do we do in game 3? Most of this frustration should be directed towards management though. We are in a division against 10M Vezina Bob, Vezina-numbers Swayman/Ullmark, and legend of the game Vasilevsky. But we get Campbell, Samsonov, and mental-boomed Andersen. We lost before we even started.

Why didn't Keefe pull Sam after the 2nd goal. The guy looked like trash in there.

Reactions: Jmo89 and bax

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Why didn't Keefe pull Sam after the 2nd goal. The guy looked like trash in there.
As soon as we lose confidence in Sammy he is done for the series, he won't be coming back in any kind of form. We have to show him our faith and hope he can find his A game really fast. Because if we pull him out and Woll comes in and flops we basically have admitted we have no faith in our goaltending (which we don't) and don't expect them to do their part. It's really a bad situation to be in and I blame management for not rectifying this issue YEARS ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad