Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
'Lapses in mental concentration'. Think you might be referring to Sammy here. You then reference two regular season games to bolster argument. Up until the injury was looking far and away the better goalie. But it's not about then it's about now obviously.

I am not sure he is the savior but he is our 1B at the moment, and if Sammy was better on Saturday I'm not suggesting this. But to go right back to Sammy, I question that more than I question going to Woll for Game 2. To be honest the goals against flatter Samsanov he was clueless on an number of close calls.

I’m not arguing between Samsonov and Woll.

I’m saying the only risk in pulling the chute on Samsonov now is you risk losing him for the remainder of the series, which precludes the possibility of the good Samsonov showing at any point forward as a wild card.

Woll sucks right now. So does Samsonov. That’s a wash and our chances at victory are slim. We’re going to remember Woll isn’t ready to play pretty quickly. But I don’t see this series going Toronto’s way so it is what it is.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
what's everyone eating tonight?
i am going to make some birria tacos
with 3-4 modelo

Beef-Birria-Tacos-6.jpeg

230615-modelo-especial-ew-104p-f5e288.jpg
they look delicious, I tried to make them once, didn't turn out too well, flat top was getting too hot, lesson learned. you've inspired me to have another go at it..........

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Let's not make the guy out to be some kind of warrior. He had 4 goals in two game 7s in 2002, but overall he put up 24 points in 39 playoff games as a Leaf. (20 points in 37 games outside of those two). If Matthews or Marner had numbers like that we'd burn them at the stake.

We just look back fondly at Mogilny because the team actually won and advanced while he was there. We forgive him for that lack of production because the team was good enough that we could get by with him scoring that little. We'd forgive Matthews and Marner, too, if we could gut out a 7-game win, with some 2-1 games and they both came out with 4 points.
True but if AM and MM only score GWGs, I don’t think it matters about the rest of the playoffs stats.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
what's everyone eating tonight?
i am going to make some birria tacos
with 3-4 modelo

Beef-Birria-Tacos-6.jpeg

230615-modelo-especial-ew-104p-f5e288.jpg
Gonna be jamming , so will have the phone streaming the game as we jam with beers, not sure what we have in our beer fridge lol
Apache burgers for after , cuz it's been a while! Hopefully celebratory burgers lol

Reactions: The Masters

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Gonna be jamming , so will have the phone streaming the game as we jam with beers, not sure what we have in our beer fridge lol
Apache burgers for after , cuz it's been a while! Hopefully celebratory burgers lol
your a Apache burger man eh, I miss Arnold's down by Murray Curtis park, they made the best onion rings ever. If I was in that area now I'd go C&Dubbs there home burger are always good..........

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I’m not arguing between Samsonov and Woll.

I’m saying the only risk in pulling the chute on Samsonov now is you risk losing him for the remainder of the series, which precludes the possibility of the good Samsonov showing at any point forward as a wild card.

Woll sucks right now. So does Samsonov. That’s a wash and our chances at victory are slim. We’re going to remember Woll isn’t ready to play pretty quickly. But I don’t see this series going Toronto’s way so it is what it is.
Sammy hasn't shown a great ability to play through struggles, so it feels like a reset would be just as viable as playing through another bad game tonight

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sammy hasn't shown a great ability to play through struggles, so it feels like a reset would be just as viable as playing through another bad game tonight

You’re not wrong either. The psychology of this group is a complete wild card so all we can really do is make wild predictions.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
your a Apache burger man eh, I miss Arnold's down by Murray Curtis park, they made the best onion rings ever. If I was in that area now I'd go C&Dubbs there home burger are always good..........
It's close to our jam space so we occasionally hit it up. Dont think I ever had Arnold's. C&Dubbs unfortunately closed down back in January used to go here often. Always looking for new burger joints places in and around mimico/south Etobicoke!

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If Reaves can calm down with the dumb kind of physicality, along with the rest of the team, we should be in much better shape. Going out of position to make a hit or taking dumb penalties is an easy and sure way to hand the game to Boston.
I didn’t see what you saw. Reavo is not the problem.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Let’s see. A win here can change our outlook drastically. I don’t like the defeatist aura, I get suckered into it too. They can do this. They can win this series.
Everyone's reaction is so over the top that I expect the exact opposite reaction when they take a lead in the series.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Let’s see. A win here can change our outlook drastically. I don’t like the defeatist aura, I get suckered into it too. They can do this. They can win this series.

Can't believe people think the Leafs will lose. They have proven time and time again they will make the defeat as painful as possible which means they need to give us hope first. They will win tonight

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Winning this game gives the Leafs a split going back home with full momentum and reverts f***ing up game 1. Lose this game and they're pretty much done. This one is for all of the marbles, imo.

My God are those the truest words ever.
I'm still trying to figure out why you don't pull the goalie down by multiple goals on a late game powerplay with your best players out; waiting to instead do it when the powerplay is nearly over and your best are tired. Just one of many ways Keefe continues to be outclassed by every coach in the league in any head to head series.

Reactions: egd27

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If Reaves can calm down with the dumb kind of physicality, along with the rest of the team, we should be in much better shape. Going out of position to make a hit or taking dumb penalties is an easy and sure way to hand the game to Boston.

I hated Reaves for half the season and thought he was useless.

He's been great since coming back from injury and last game made one mistake.

I think he was just too eager and got out of position because of it, after that he played great.

Even on our goal, he used his stick instead of going for a hit, I think he was told to play hockey and take the hits that are available and don't chase, and it worked.

If Reaves plays like he has over the last half-season, he is an asset, not a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad