Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
It's an OK comparison, but Gunnarsson doesn't run away from contact like Percy. Percy has some Phil Kessel type "ahh I'm scared" moments and this is against 18 year olds.

Then Biggs is at worst a 4th liner with 3rd line upside.
If his scoring keeps up all the way to the NHL he could be a 2nd liner.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
It was a tie between Biggs and Percy for me but I like Biggs. Forgot about Leivo until after I saw the results so it should be fairly obvious that the next 3 will be those 3 interchangeably, whoever cries about who's over the other can just get a grip.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
do you people really think it's biggs or percy.. just because they're first rounders lol... don't vote if you don't follow them. Our next best prospect is either Leivo or Granberg hands down

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
do you people really think it's biggs or percy.. just because they're first rounders lol... don't vote if you don't follow them. Our next best prospect is either Leivo or Granberg hands down

Eh Granberg is pretty overrated. I haven't seen him much, if at all (outside the WC), but I have no problem with people picking Percy ahead of him.

Based on what I've read on Granberg, and seen of Percy, Percy should probably be the better prospect. Leivo and Biggs are debatable, but I don't really see a case for Granberg over Percy.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013

Yup. Biggs is a bust and Percy will be four years with the Marlies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Leivo is developing pretty well and looks to be scoring at a decent pace, he's a decent choice to be higher on the prospect list than he usually has been.

I think a lot of people are underrating Biggs, Percy and Ashton. This was Biggs first year of OHL hockey and he was adjusting himself to it. Saying that he did pretty well and was almost a ppg while being voted for 3rd hardest shot and best shot blocker in the league. Percy was the Steelheads captain wasn't he? Thought he was being used in every situation there and is steady eddy on defence while picking up 45 points in 68 games. Came over to the Marlies for 3 points in 4 games.

Don't think Ashton is going to find his offensive game but he's still likely to make the NHL as a bottom 6 forward soon imo. He should be up on the list if we're taking the likelihood of making the NHL in any capacity.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Eh Granberg is pretty overrated. I haven't seen him much, if at all (outside the WC), but I have no problem with people picking Percy ahead of him.

Based on what I've read on Granberg, and seen of Percy, Percy should probably be the better prospect. Leivo and Biggs are debatable, but I don't really see a case for Granberg over Percy.

So you saw Granberg playing top pairing on the gold medal team at the men's worlds as a 20 y/o. That team hardly gave up any goals but he we just .... ok :)

Remind me how Biggs did for Team USA on the top line at that tournament?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Leivo has been significantly more productive than Biggs and also has the intangibles. A small but interesting point. Both Leivo and Biggs ended the season with the Marlies. Both dressed for four regular season games. Bigg dressed for one playoff game and Leivo for three. It sounds as if Eakins had his vote on this.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I picked Leivo, got a better feeling about him then the rest up to here

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
Leivo has been significantly more productive than Biggs and also has the intangibles. A small but interesting point. Both Leivo and Biggs ended the season with the Marlies. Both dressed for four regular season games. Bigg dressed for one playoff game and Leivo for three. It sounds as if Eakins had his vote on this.

To be fair though. Leivo is a CHL product and use to playing that many games. Last year was the most Biggs has played.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
percy is garbageeeee in comparison to granny, just watch in camp

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
So you saw Granberg playing top pairing on the gold medal team at the men's worlds as a 20 y/o. That team hardly gave up any goals but he we just .... ok :)

Remind me how Biggs did for Team USA on the top line at that tournament?

What? It was a 10 game tournament. Congratulations, it has absolutely no barring on the NHL what so ever. And I wasn't comparing Granberg to Biggs.

hdtrax

Percy way too overrated.
News flash: "not flashy" does not translate into a steady top 4 NHL d-man. He's boring and has a small frame. Not enough skill and "smarts" can't take you that far if you're physically not able to compensate - brutal pick at 25, especially with Boone Jenner and Brandon Saad still on board, and I've been saying that since draft day.

Granberg gets my vote. Kid is a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad