Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Performance in OHL playoffs:
Biggs 9 gp, 0g, 1 a, 1 pt
Leivo 10 gp, 3 g, 9 a, 12 pts

This is not to say Biggs won't develop into an NHLer, or that Leivo will. But at some point in a rating exercise, you have to start taking actual production into account.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Percy is going to be ok. He will need a lot of time in the minors though. He is one of those guys that will just re-appear when they are 25 and you have forgotten about them.

Granberg makes the leafs this year.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Do you guys actually think that Granberg has a good shot to make the Leafs this year? Not doubting anyones opinion, just curious because I've only ever seen him at the WJC and Worlds where he looked great in both.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Biggs is a prospect with a lot of developing to do. Like Ashton, I am starting to become skeptical if he will ever make it to the NHL, as far as being able to stick, anyways.

Percy is actually much closer, therefore, he's the better prospect. Percy can actually skate, puck-handle and shoot, unlike Biggs.

Meh, this list is seeing a significant drop-off after Rielly. And then another huge fall-off after the 2-3-4 selections. This is quite a thin and getting thinner prospectus pool for the Leafs.

Rielly is the only sure thing as an NHLer.

After Percy, the next selections should center around Blacker, Granberg and Nilsson. Then we can bring up Biggs again.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Should have the other kid from Minnesota

Who was invited to USA under 20 team.

This is my year!
Dec 19, 2011
The past
Percy/ Granny / Leivo/ Nilsson/ Blacker/ D'Amigo/ Biggs/ Ashton/ Ross. Any of these guys can end up anywhere on this list with a solid season. I hope they all make the big leagues and stick, but that's dreaming.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Leivo, although I think D'Amigo deserves some love. He's got a great shot to be an impactful player. Haven't seen Granberg at all - can anyone with knowledge provide a scouting report?

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Leivo may not have top 3 upside but as a Ranger season ticket holder I can tell you he will be an NHL'er - top end potential is 2nd liner but could also be a very effective 3rd line player

mikebel111*

Biggs is a prospect with a lot of developing to do. Like Ashton, I am starting to become skeptical if he will ever make it to the NHL, as far as being able to stick, anyways.

Percy is actually much closer, therefore, he's the better prospect. Percy can actually skate, puck-handle and shoot, unlike Biggs.

Meh, this list is seeing a significant drop-off after Rielly. And then another huge fall-off after the 2-3-4 selections. This is quite a thin and getting thinner prospectus pool for the Leafs.

Rielly is the only sure thing as an NHLer.

After Percy, the next selections should center around Blacker, Granberg and Nilsson. Then we can bring up Biggs again.

what? biggs is only 20. you can't be doubting his nhl future now. not even close. plus ashton is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

man, leafs nation is so impatient.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Pretty clear we don't have a lot of high end talent, but we have some serious depth in the prospect pool.

Lots of guys who aren't longshots for being regular NHLers.

Most are longshots at being real impact players, though.

Gotta start somewhere, though, right?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Pretty clear we don't have a lot of high end talent, but we have some serious depth in the prospect pool.

Lots of guys who aren't longshots for being regular NHLers.

Most are longshots at being real impact players, though.

Gotta start somewhere, though, right?

Looks at our pool 5+ years ago, yea were doing alright.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Honestly besides the obvious (morgan/colborne) the European prospects trump the north american ones so hard imo. Like there are some decent boom/bust European ones.... but the north american ones are mainly a bunch of low ceiling players.... Like granny/tom/johnson/herzog or whatever, IDK about the haters, but that johnson guy looks sick, ive seen a couple of his shootout goals, crazy. Granny looks great, nilson looks good, loov looks good, so many good european prospects over there that have a lot more potential then these ross/ashton/acton types imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad