Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #3

Prospect Ranking #3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
This is interesting as it’s higher upside vs. a little less upside, but more of a sure thing. Doesn’t surprise me it’s pretty much 50/50 at the moment.

Not sure either is really considered high upside. Sandin was more of a safe/sure thing pick than a boom/bust.

Both project to safely be quality NHLers, IMO.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Tough call between Sandin and Grundstrom. I think Sandin has the higher upside but Grundy has been great and really took a big step this season. Was not expecting him to be ready by age 20. Gonna go with him here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That Swedish pipeline is overflowing!

Organizationally, it's Nylander, Liljegren, Johnsson, Sandin, Grundstrom, Engvall, Timashov, Borgman, Rosen, Lindgren...

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I’d say he has top 3 defencemen upside. Higher than Grundstrom imo, but yeah neither are likely to be stars.

he absolutely has top3 upside almost every place has said that. Button said it on the US draft feed and i think Sportsnet said it too. A top3 dman is very high upside, Sandin doesnt have any glaring issues to stop him from achieving that. Im not saying he will but he is a good skater (not fast but good edges etc) good offense and good defence

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Grundstrom.

Shiny new toy syndrome in full effect so far

In your opinion, where do you see Grundstrom fitting in the line-up? Do you think he's a top line guy or somewhere between 2 & 3?

This is where I think people will differ in opinion.

I think he's good as a complimentary piece, but I don't think that he could drive a line like Marner could. I see him more as a 2nd line winger at most but perfect on the 3rd line for that agitating role with the ability of some offensive upside.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Kind of a toss up. I chose Grundstrom because of his transition and recent success with the Marlies. Guy looks like the type of forward our Leafs squad is missing. Can play with grit, up-and-down the lineup, defensively responsible, and puts up points to boot.

Sandin next for his ceiling.... he will be top 3 next year imo.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
In your opinion, where do you see Grundstrom fitting in the line-up? Do you think he's a top line guy or somewhere between 2 & 3?

This is where I think people will differ in opinion.

I think he's good as a complimentary piece, but I don't think that he could drive a line like Marner could. I see him more as a 2nd line winger at most but perfect on the 3rd line for that agitating role with the ability of some offensive upside.

Can play throughout the lineup. Could be a flank on Kadri's wing or a similar role to Hyman on AM's wing.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I voted Grundstrom. He's a great pick.

The reason I put Sandin one slot behind, personally, is because he's not the sure thing blue-chipper that top of the round picks are. He's like anyone usually picked in the 20-30 range. High potential that is still unclear. Grundstrom has made himself perfectly clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad