OT: Leafs Board OT Thread - Read First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
You have to figure out the reason for the delay.

Disclosure, I'm a very frequent flyer with AC status. Been to Europe 15 times in the last 18 months and only had one flight delay that was caused by a mechanical issue with the inbound plane. I was in London but they got me on a flight leaving a little later and I made it out that day.

Usually with International flights (I'm assuming trans-Atlantic?), you've got one flight in and one flight out the same day. And it's the same plane.

If there were weather issues, that screws everything up which clearly wouldn't be the airlines' fault. If there are mechanical issues, yes, a pain in the butt but who wants to be over the Atlantic in a plane that they put some duct tape on to get it going? Take your time, fix it… I'll be at the pub.

With some of the security issues, I just assume that there is a potential for delay whenever I'm traveling.

Usually flying through a hub like London, Paris or Frankfurt, you will have options if your flight is cancelled. If you are going through a place with one a day routes back home… like Zurich or Munich or Copenhagen, you are crossing your fingers on the weather, mechanics and security.

Where were you going? And any other circumstances?

Ya I get this. I've flown on other airlines to the same/similar cities in Europe as availability allows with minor delays due to weather crew etc. AC lately - twice to Heathrow delayed 16 hours & 24 hours and once to Rome 24 hours all a mechanical explanation. I'm fine with not flying on a plane that's not going to make it for mechanical reasons but the frequency is crazy lately. No idea about the background reasons - less planes in the fleet, planes getting older requiring more maintenance, heavy route. All I know is it's a pain having to reschedule everything on the other end.

Thanks for sharing - it is interesting to hear other's experiences being smoother. :dunno:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Our very own SEER made it big time! One of his videos on Tobias Lindberg was included in a Sportsnet.ca site.

I'm sure he's been featured on different sites, but you can't get much better than Sportsnet.ca!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lindberg-plans-phaneuf-trade-footnote/

Congrats Seer!

This should be it's own thread though. This is huge news for HF.

Congrats Seer

SEER is starting to become pretty big. Grats man.

Yes he is doing a wonderful job - Congrats Seer

Congrats SEER! :handclap:

Tickets were purchased from Air Canada to fly on a jet scheduled, maintained, and flown by Air Canada employees. Not sure who else I should be disappointed with. I'm all ears.

OT - congrats Seer!

I think the most impressive thing is I remember Seer saying once that he is working off of out-dated equipment! Now THAT's talent!

To Seer: You should sign up for one of those crowdfunding sites to raise money for better equipment! Image what the guy could put together if he had the latest and greatest tools at his disposal!

Congrats man!

Wow, thanks Guys..! It was only the website I think, though... (although I haven't looked very far into it).. and from what I see, it was Steve Dangle's article/post.., with no mention of me or my channel whatsoever.. Just one of my videos posted.. Still nice to get posted, though.. :)

There are a few others that have started to post my videos too.., but only a few people mention me.. (althought tp be honest, I am only known as "SEER"... Very few people in the world know who I really am..)... and I'd prefer to keep it that way.., if possible..

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Wow, thanks Guys..! It was only the website I think, though... (although I haven't looked very far into it).. and from what I see, it was Steve Dangle's article/post.., with no mention of me or my channel whatsoever.. Just one of my videos posted.. Still nice to get posted, though.. :)

There are a few others that have started to post my videos too.., but only a few people mention me.. (althought tp be honest, I am only known as "SEER"... Very few people in the world know who I really am..)... and I'd prefer to keep it that way.., if possible..

Good work, buddy! I was really impressed that you were able to make a video on Kaskisuo. Hopefully people start to credit you more.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Okay.. just in case this leads to anything bigger.. (very doubtful, but I'm covering all my bases...LOL!)..
I just want Lou to know that I wouldn't ask for too much..

Just..:

- A Penthouse suite paid for ten years in advance, at the Air Canada Centre..
- A new top of the line Mac computer..
- Complete access to all video libraries.. (and the London Knights., Mr. Hunter...ha-ha!)
- No cheerleaders and/or ice girls around me when I'm working... (I'm old and need to focus) LOL!
- A great salary with many digits..., all expenses and personal amenities paid for..
- and a small island in the Bay Of Islands..
-(EDIT: Oh.. and a free rental apartment in Hawaii.., for the rare seasons when we miss playoffs..) :)

BAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA..! :laugh:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Okay.. just in case this leads to anything bigger.. (very doubtful, but I'm covering all my bases...LOL!)..
I just want Lou to know that I wouldn't ask for too much..

Just..:

- A Penthouse suite paid for ten years in advance, at the Air Canada Centre..
- A new top of the line Mac computer..
- Compelte access to all video libraries.. (and the London Knights., Mr. Hunter...ha-ha!)
- No cheerleaders and/or ice girls around me when I'm working... (I'm old and need to focus) LOL!
- A greatr salary with many digits..., all epxenses and admenties paid for..
- and a small island in the Bay Of Islands..

BAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA..! :laugh:

Don't forget season tickets and/or full access to the ACC. :)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Good work, buddy! I was really impressed that you were able to make a video on Kaskisuo. Hopefully people start to credit you more.

Thanks again, Totti.. It took me three separate tries to find most of it... Not much from the Bulldogs channel.., as most of their highlights are goals.. and those are often under two minutes each, so not much filler..

I don't want credit... I gave up using credit cards and cheques back in the late 90's..

I just want ... C-A-S-H.. :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Ya I get this. I've flown on other airlines to the same/similar cities in Europe as availability allows with minor delays due to weather crew etc. AC lately - twice to Heathrow delayed 16 hours & 24 hours and once to Rome 24 hours all a mechanical explanation. I'm fine with not flying on a plane that's not going to make it for mechanical reasons but the frequency is crazy lately. No idea about the background reasons - less planes in the fleet, planes getting older requiring more maintenance, heavy route. All I know is it's a pain having to reschedule everything on the other end.

Thanks for sharing - it is interesting to hear other's experiences being smoother. :dunno:

was Rome on Rouge?

That's my gripe. Older planes. Uncomfortable. Lack of service and not for the discounts they promised.

Often without mainline options.

I just compare with United, American, British Airways, Westjet, Lufthansa, TAP Portugal, Swissair. I find Air Canada to be in the top of that.

Though honestly, Lufthansa wins for on time and giving explanations in my opinion. Where else but Germany would you hear "we will be boarding in approximately 7 mins" and 7 mins later, you do.

They have a daily flight to LHR and I believe the 747 is due for a cabin refresh if it hasn't already been updated.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Evening you guys, just have a question.

I'm coming for a visit next Wednesday, and I'm wondering if you guys know the best/safest GO station to park at/use if I choose to take the train into Toronto (not a fan of city parking or driving anywhere). The one went to last time was jam-packed and pretty much had to circle for a while to find a spot (Mimico) so I ruled that a bad move. In addition to that, do most train stations there have free parking with the purchase of tickets, or is it metered/ reserved only? Not sure where else to post (didn't see an "all things ___" thread)... thanks!

Mad Brills*

Evening you guys, just have a question.

I'm coming for a visit next Wednesday, and I'm wondering if you guys know the best/safest GO station to park at/use if I choose to take the train into Toronto (not a fan of city parking or driving anywhere). The one went to last time was jam-packed and pretty much had to circle for a while to find a spot (Mimico) so I ruled that a bad move. In addition to that, do most train stations there have free parking with the purchase of tickets, or is it metered/ reserved only? Not sure where else to post (didn't see an "all things ___" thread)... thanks!

Go train parking is free.

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/stations/parking.aspx

It's first come first serve.

Union doesn't have parking.

Exhibition might.

It's a 20 minute walk from exhibition to the ACC.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Go train parking is free.

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/stations/parking.aspx

It's first come first serve.

Union doesn't have parking.

Exhibition might.

It's a 20 minute walk from exhibition to the ACC.

I see, thanks.

If I end up parking and going in by train, say Port Credit (for the sake of having a lot of parking spaces), is it a relatively good/safe area? Not that I have many concerns, but I usually am a little bit anxious about leaving my car for a while in unfamiliar places.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Every night I say in going to go to bed at around 11. Then I compromise to 12, then 1, then the next thing I know it's 3 or 4 am and I'm still awake.

I need better sleeping habits.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
was Rome on Rouge?

That's my gripe. Older planes. Uncomfortable. Lack of service and not for the discounts they promised.

Often without mainline options.

I just compare with United, American, British Airways, Westjet, Lufthansa, TAP Portugal, Swissair. I find Air Canada to be in the top of that.

Though honestly, Lufthansa wins for on time and giving explanations in my opinion. Where else but Germany would you hear "we will be boarding in approximately 7 mins" and 7 mins later, you do.

They have a daily flight to LHR and I believe the 747 is due for a cabin refresh if it hasn't already been updated.

Another reason for cancellations is due to pilots' shifting schedule. They can only work 8 hours at a time, or something along those lines, and when one of them is sick, it screws over the entire scheduling. I recall Delta leading airlines in flights not being cancelled (WSJ link from 2014).

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
How ya feelin, fella?

Got home from the gym after work, beat my arse to a pulp in there...

Just enjoying a little protein and some highlights.

Ernie, whats good?

I didn't know you went to the gym. What did you work? Training for your barn fight vs Interactif? :naughty:

Been doing a lot of scouting this year?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Trying to go to sleep lol.

HFBoards is not helping. I had to do a bunch of nonsense at work today; stressed me out. Sometimes the work wears on ya mentally. Hit the gym hard, and trying to sleep well (but failing). I work an early shift tomorrow (noon) and can't find tired eyes to save my life.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
HFBoards is not helping. I had to do a bunch of nonsense at work today; stressed me out. Sometimes the work wears on ya mentally. Hit the gym hard, and trying to sleep well (but failing). I work an early shift tomorrow (noon) and can't find tired eyes to save my life.

Sleep just evades us both, unfortunately.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Ernie, whats good?

I didn't know you went to the gym. What did you work? Training for your barn fight vs Interactif? :naughty:

Been doing a lot of scouting this year?

Just working a lot. Mostly afternoons. I work a supervisory position in a wing with the province. My wife works as Marketing Director of the largest media outlet down here, and they sponsor the Spits, so I get to all the weekend games that I can. Noons sucks, because I hardly get to watch hockey anymore.

Tonight, because of stress, I tried to burn off the cortisol with a hard arm workout. Started with 21's, finished with Monster Curls on the cables. Did 5 sets of abs to close the night off. I saw my weight hit 205 in October, so I started hard in the gym. Down 33lbs, and working hard for another 5, before I bulk up to a solid 180. I'm only 5'9, so 180 bulked should be just what the doctor ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad