OT: Leafs Board OT thread - Read 1st Post before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
i am itching to try to play twilight princess HD it looks gorgeous. but i'm kinda wanting to do windwaker again. (i'm in such a LOZ mood)...

Oh man so good. I actually just got an emulator running on my laptop at home, starting playing Twilight Princess and some good ole fashioned Smash. Good times.

Anyone playing The Division?

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Oh man so good. I actually just got an emulator running on my laptop at home, starting playing Twilight Princess and some good ole fashioned Smash. Good times.

Anyone playing The Division?

No, but my friend says its pretty good. I'm terrible with shooters on console (PS4). Mouse/Keyboard all the way. Guess I need an adapter lol. I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition between posts. Loved the game. So much content.

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
No, but my friend says its pretty good. I'm terrible with shooters on console (PS4). Mouse/Keyboard all the way. Guess I need an adapter lol. I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition between posts. Loved the game. So much content.

It's really good. Better than the Beta(s), and I liked the Beta(s). There is a PC version! It'll be extra perty!

Dragon Age is fantastic. My girlfriend, who has thumbs like a fish, even loves that game to death.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I just started reading "The Expanse" series, which is also a show on ScyFy. Really enjoying it so far, just started the second book a few days ago.

Anyone?

I'm about half way through the first season of the show. It's fantastic so far.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I just started reading "The Expanse" series, which is also a show on ScyFy. Really enjoying it so far, just started the second book a few days ago.

Anyone?

I read the first book. Will continue at some point.

It was OK. Have you read the Nights Dawn trilogy? Its likely my favourite scifi reading

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
11193391_10152744506065598_3311759712477036466_n.jpg

10346652_10152078651320598_2832468027452431510_n.jpg

10491272_10152744503575598_8105905121153866569_n.jpg

Tried to load a nice pike pic with no luck. Huh. I have to figure this out. Should have worked.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Who's ready for the Fallout 4 DLC next week?

Inquisition was pretty great. Had probably my favourite cast of companions in an RPG.

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I'm about half way through the first season of the show. It's fantastic so far.

I'm glad the show is good, I was worried when I started reading.

I read the first book. Will continue at some point.

It was OK. Have you read the Nights Dawn trilogy? Its likely my favourite scifi reading

Haven't read Nights Dawn, no. I have just added it to my "to read" list though!

I will say, the second book (about 150 pages in) is already far superior to the first. Better characters, more cohesive plot, etc. Definitely recommend giving it another shot.

Inquisition was pretty great. Had probably my favourite cast of companions in an RPG.

Really solid crew to pal around with, that's for sure. My favourite cast and crew would be Mass Effect 2 though. That game was just so damn close to perfect for me.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
i am itching to try to play twilight princess HD it looks gorgeous. but i'm kinda wanting to do windwaker again. (i'm in such a LOZ mood)...

TP is fantastic. Argubly my favorite in the series. Although, I haven't played any of the recent ones. Didn't like Wind Waker all that much.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'm glad the show is good, I was worried when I started reading.

Haven't read Nights Dawn, no. I have just added it to my "to read" list though!

I will say, the second book (about 150 pages in) is already far superior to the first. Better characters, more cohesive plot, etc. Definitely recommend giving it another shot.

Really solid crew to pal around with, that's for sure. My favourite cast and crew would be Mass Effect 2 though. That game was just so damn close to perfect for me.

Agreed. Still my favourite game. Awesome plot, cast, gameplay etc.

Also, included one of my favourite characters and moments in gaming:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

I can't wait. Im about 1/3 into my second playthrough so its hitting right at the right time.

I havent got one single really good Legendary drop yet this go around (im at level 32). I had an explosive shotgun at level 6 my first time through.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
TP is fantastic. Argubly my favorite in the series. Although, I haven't played any of the recent ones. Didn't like Wind Waker all that much.

It's my favourite too. I haven't really been exposed to much zelda (mostly due to the fact that I don't have any Nintendo handheld - and a huge chunk of the LOZ world was on gameboy or DS).

I've Played the original a lot.
a link between worlds once
Ocarina of time twice (just beat it the second time this sunday)
Majora's mask twice
Windwaker twice
Twilight princes twice.
Skyward Sword once

and naturally i have the newest version on pre-order if Nintendo would ever get the poop together. though since they are saying it might be a NX release as well i am probably going tohave to choose between the NX version and the WiiU version

in re: Wind Waker - I actually didn't mind it. but i can see why it wouldn't be a favourite.

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
It's my favourite too. I haven't really been exposed to much zelda (mostly due to the fact that I don't have any Nintendo handheld - and a huge chunk of the LOZ world was on gameboy or DS).

I've Played the original a lot.
a link between worlds once
Ocarina of time twice (just beat it the second time this sunday)
Majora's mask twice
Windwaker twice
Twilight princes twice.
Skyward Sword once

and naturally i have the newest version on pre-order if Nintendo would ever get the poop together. though since they are saying it might be a NX release as well i am probably going tohave to choose between the NX version and the WiiU version

in re: Wind Waker - I actually didn't mind it. but i can see why it wouldn't be a favourite.

Wind Waker was such a great leap away from what people really "wanted" at the time. Which was a dark, gritty Zelda game. But it's still a great on its own, in my opinion.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Zelda games I've played, in order of favorite to least favorite:

Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Original Zelda
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Spirit Tracks
Zelda 2
Oracle of Seasons
Link's Awakening

Loved TP as well. Midna's definitely the best sidekick out of all the games. Actually has character development and is badass, unlike a certain "Hey! Listen! Watch out! Hey! listen! Hey! listen! Hey! Watch out! Listen!"... ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad