OT: Leafs Board OT thread - Read 1st Post before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Who's excited for Game of Thrones season 6. Only a month and bit left. Was hoping to read the Winds of Winter b4 the season, but it will take Martin potentially to 2017 till it comes out.

Yup game of thrones high on my list But

lots coming even sooner < daredevil season 2 drops on Netflix Thursday midnight (pst)?

Bat V supes

Cap, civil war

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I just realized that last week was the season finale of Sunny. :rant:

Thats a bit of a downer, was looking forward to it tonight.

It ended up being a good season but I didn't really like the final 2 episodes (The Gang Goes to Hell, Parts 1 and 2).

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I just realized that last week was the season finale of Sunny. :rant:

Thats a bit of a downer, was looking forward to it tonight.

It ended up being a good season but I didn't really like the final 2 episodes (The Gang Goes to Hell, Parts 1 and 2).

Mac and Dennis move to the Suburbs was probably a top 10 best episode for me.

The rest of the season seemed average to me.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Mac and Dennis move to the Suburbs was probably a top 10 best episode for me.

The reason of the season seemed average to me.

I think my favourite was "Being Frank". I loved the show Peep Show (great show especially if you're into British humour) and I thought the POV style was great especially for a character like Frank. Devito did a great job and listening to his thought process was hilarious.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Anyone else getting excited for fishing season? Anticipating early ice out this year! Will probably head up north of Sudbury first weekend of May!

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
11193391_10152744506065598_3311759712477036466_n.jpg

10346652_10152078651320598_2832468027452431510_n.jpg

10491272_10152744503575598_8105905121153866569_n.jpg

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
If anybody is looking for a new show I recommend Last Man On Earth, best comedy on TV imo.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Who's excited for Game of Thrones season 6. Only a month and bit left. Was hoping to read the Winds of Winter b4 the season, but it will take Martin potentially to 2017 till it comes out.

Not much to be honest. I'm probably going to avoid the season altogether, at least until I've read the book. Haven't really liked the direction the tv show has taken, I feel it veers from the books for the wrong reasons.

The show as a whole might be my favorite of all time though, just can't measure up to the books.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Not much to be honest. I'm probably going to avoid the season altogether, at least until I've read the book. Haven't really liked the direction the tv show has taken, I feel it veers from the books for the wrong reasons.

The show as a whole might be my favorite of all time though, just can't measure up to the books.

You'll have to avoid a few seasons of the show until the book comes out at this rate.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Outlander TV show

My wife was a fan of the books. Showcase broadcast the first season and season two is scheduled for April 10 premiere.

Great story and series....Historical, time travel, love, violence. Really well done.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Neat.

I do my best to not try and compare the two. I think that's really the best way you can get around the differences present in any book to visual media adaptation. It was pretty difficult during season five though :laugh:

So many great storylines changed...

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
current fav tv show:
Better Call Saul
People think its slow moving.....nope. Very impressive character development. And so nice to see Mike's back story developed.
Highly recommended, think its even better than Breaking Bad.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Not going to lie I kind of feel like this aswell. Many elements have been changed from the books to the show. If they kill stannis and have him be the person burned and flayed in the trailer I'mma be pissed. Stannis has one of my favourite stories in the books and by the spoilers from Wow, looks like he will defeat the ******* and Bolton. That and the whole leaving out central characters makes the show a bit hard to watch. Hoping WoW can come out late 2016.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Neat.

I do my best to not try and compare the two. I think that's really the best way you can get around the differences present in any book to visual media adaptation. It was pretty difficult during season five though :laugh:

So many great storylines changed...

Read the books, watch the series, I pretend they have nothing to do with each other, makes the series tolerable.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
current fav tv show:
Better Call Saul
People think its slow moving.....nope. Very impressive character development. And so nice to see Mike's back story developed.
Highly recommended, think its even better than Breaking Bad.

I'm really enjoying the Mike story line more than the Saul one. The introduction of Salamanca makes it even more interesting.

Much like Breaking Bad, the show gets better and better with each episode.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I just started reading "The Expanse" series, which is also a show on ScyFy. Really enjoying it so far, just started the second book a few days ago.

Anyone?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i am itching to try to play twilight princess HD it looks gorgeous. but i'm kinda wanting to do windwaker again. (i'm in such a LOZ mood)...

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Any one else watch Impastor?

I watched the first episode on a whim. I guess mainly because I enjoyed Smallville. Pretty good show.

I thought I would pass this along to you Android users, for those of you who can't keep track of when your shows I use an app called 'TVShow Time'. Free has no popups, and you don't have to sign up, it can be skipped. Really cool app for tracking your shows (when they come back on air, new episodes, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad