OT: Leafs Board OT thread - Read 1st Post before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
how does batman fight superman anyway?

sounds ridiculous. As ridiculous as one of you guys trying to fight me.
Kryptonite. And money. From what I've gathered from people talking about either the old Justice League comics, Batman is ready for the worst and has plans and things to counter everyone else in the League should they go rogue.

So yeah. He's prepared, and he has money, and I assume he stumbles across/is given Kryptonite.

Does anyone in here play EHM Eastside hockey manager? I use to play this but haven't in like years, i want to get back to it! anyone know where i can download it for free?
It doesn't match up to FM for me, but that's just because I've been playing FM for years while this is the first EHM release since 2007, I think. Essentially, it's stuck too far in the past for me (UI-wise).

Also, Steam. If you're a big fan of hockey and simulators just wait until it's on sale and get it off there. Summer's coming up; it could be included in their summer sale, maybe.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Kryptonite. And money. From what I've gathered from people talking about either the old Justice League comics, Batman is ready for the worst and has plans and things to counter everyone else in the League should they go rogue.

So yeah. He's prepared, and he has money, and I assume he stumbles across/is given Kryptonite.

It doesn't match up to FM for me, but that's just because I've been playing FM for years while this is the first EHM release since 2007, I think. Essentially, it's stuck too far in the past for me (UI-wise).

Also, Steam. If you're a big fan of hockey and simulators just wait until it's on sale and get it off there. Summer's coming up; it could be included in their summer sale, maybe.

Never heard of FM.. I only played the EHM one that i downloaded at Fhockey.com and had fun but had to shut it down for couple years... Is there ea site for FM?? like to check it out!

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Never heard of FM.. I only played the EHM one that i downloaded at Fhockey.com and had fun but had to shut it down for couple years... Is there ea site for FM?? like to check it out!
Just search Football Manager on Steam. I think the demo gives you 6 months of free in-game play time.

Granted it might not be your thing if soccer's not for you.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I've got a major migraine happening right now sheesh. I've got an hour trip home still. It's gonna be a rough one.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
EHM was $5 like a week ago or something like that. Part of humble bundle.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Or the death penalty. I'm all for getting rid of scum like Marco Muzzo.

I am just reading up on this story, so I may not know all the details...but REALLY? The guy made an extremely bad choice and was driving impaired. He wasn't the first and isn't the last to do so. Are you proposing the death penalty for everyone in a drunk driving collision? I'm not trying to make light of the situation, I just think the death penalty isn't the solution. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I am just reading up on this story, so I may not know all the details...but REALLY? The guy made an extremely bad choice and was driving impaired. He wasn't the first and isn't the last to do so. Are you proposing the death penalty for everyone in a drunk driving collision? I'm not trying to make light of the situation, I just think the death penalty isn't the solution. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist.

He killed 4 people, drunk driving is a choice as is pointing a gun at someones head and pulling the trigger. Death penalty still seems not enough.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
He killed 4 people, drunk driving is a choice as is pointing a gun at someones head and pulling the trigger. Death penalty still seems not enough.

I was going to argue that they were different, but then I realized there are probably a lot of murders that occur where the murderer was impaired and that it isn't a viable excuse. Fair enough.

Although I will argue that pointing a gun at someone's head indicates malicious intent, whereas trying to drive from one place to another isn't (its just stupid when impaired, drunk or fatigued).

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Maybe I spoke to soon. Migraine has mostly passed. Which is weird cuz it started pretty hostile with my left eye losing site. Had some BPs after skating and regretting it. Got a chicken salad but I really want an A&W chicken burger lol.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I was going to argue that they were different, but then I realizeud there are probably a lot of murders that occur where the murderer was impaired and that it isn't a viable excuse. Fair enough.

Although I will argue that pointing a gun at someone's head indicates malicious intent, whereas trying to drive from one place to another isn't (its just stupid when impaired, drunk or fatigued).

When you drink and drive you assume the risk of murder is that not malicious?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you're a baseball fan, Out of the Park Baseball is fantastic as well.

You can go back in history and play with historic teams.

It's fun going back to a young Doc Halladay and trying to cash in with the Jays.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
But they make the choice to become impaired no different then the choice to pull the trigger

Again, very different.

Becoming impaired does not mean you intend to kill anyone.
Driving does not mean you intend to kill anyone.
Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger does.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Again, very different.

Becoming impaired does not mean you intend to kill anyone.
Driving does not mean you intend to kill anyone.
Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger does.

Becoming impaired and driving does. Not all gun shots lead to death nor do all drunk drivers.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Murder is intent to kill, no matter how you slice it. 1st degree means it's planned/premeditated or in the commission of another crime with the intent to kill, and 2nd degree is heat of the moment, but in the heat of the moment, you make a (successful) intent to kill act. Even while impaired, shooting someone to death on the spot means that you made the decision to intend to kill that person by shooting them, even if you were drunk.

Then you get into manslaughter. 1st degree manslaughter (or voluntary manslaughter) is when you intend to harm someone through an action, but not intend to kill and it ends up resulting in death. Like one punch to the face in a bad spot. 2nd degree manslaughter (involuntary) is when you unintentionally kill someone (without even intent to harm) through blatant and complete, sheer criminal negligence.

Drunk driving, as awful as it is... vehicular manslaughter is not even close to murder. It means you accidentally killed someone due to extreme, blatant disregard for the rules of the road or the safety of yourself and those around you, but you did not intend to kill them or even injure them, but you do so out of sheer recklessness. It's the definition of 2nd degree (or involuntary) manslaughter, just a special name to handle a special case.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It's a horrible thing and no justification for it but you're way off base.

If you chose to run a red light and hit someone would you also consider that murder?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Death penalty is extreme but if the maximum penalty is life for impaired driving causing death I'm struggling to remember a case that was more worthy of the maximum sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad