Speculation: Leafs - Blues discussing potential deal, Leafs kicking tires on Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Toronto fans/media continuously beg for Parayko and then end up trashing him to justify their bad offers.

Blues do not need to move him. Blues do not want to move him. They have their offensive depth now and need the defensive support to make up for Jake Allen. Overpay or go away.

Reactions: Colt55

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Nylander would ask to be benched when it is time for playoffs and Blues up goes up against teams like Ducks, Kings, Jets and Nashville. If he got scared of Boston, wait until the big team rolls in...
yeah ok , charas pretty small and plays clean!

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
LOL "say what I want", I just showed you quantifiable stats that back up what I claimed. And I've seen Blues fans saying they would be okay with Nylander for Parayko so it's not a one way street. I personally wouldn't give up Nylander for Parayko.
Your right and we will not give up parayko for nylander or whatever crap you suggest. So agree to disagree only difference is you want parayko and we are not trading him.... now wjat

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Style of play? They're not the Isles or the Oilers with no defense whatsoever. The Leafs were 12th in GA last year and top 10 on the PK.

Agree with you. Amazed that so many fans get caught in this stupid loop that virtually all Leafs Dmen are bad players. Every team wishes that their bottom end Dmen were better, so the Leafs are no different. Look at Vegas last year, making the finals with "no names" but I guess it so important to have players like Karlsson, Burns, Pietrangelo, Hedman that will lead your to the Cup. Oh, those guys haven't won Cups either.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Your right and we will not give up parayko for nylander or whatever crap you suggest. So agree to disagree only difference is you want parayko and we are not trading him.... now wjat
Where did I say I want Parayko?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Style of play? They're not the Isles or the Oilers with no defense whatsoever. The Leafs were 12th in GA last year and top 10 on the PK.
Style can manifest in different ways than GA vs GF. Or maybe it isn't even style. It could be that the team has found lightning in a bottle, like Vegas did. I'm sure in Vegas they are wondering if Karlsson's scoring pace is for real or if it will come back down as the other teams in the league figure them out.

So I assume you disagree with my premise, and so according to you JVR should approach 40 goals again next season, and that Reilly and Gardiner will consistently put up over 50 points.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Toronto fans/media continuously beg for Parayko and then end up trashing him to justify their bad offers.

Blues do not need to move him. Blues do not want to move him. They have their offensive depth now and need the defensive support to make up for Jake Allen. Overpay or go away.
Who is this offensive depth?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Style can manifest in different ways than GA vs GF. Or maybe it isn't even style. It could be that the team has found lightning in a bottle, like Vegas did. I'm sure in Vegas they are wondering if Karlsson's scoring pace is for real or if it will come back down as the other teams in the league figure them out.

So I assume you disagree with my premise, and so according to you JVR should approach 40 goals again next season, and that Reilly and Gardiner will consistently put up over 50 points.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That's all you take from his game? Those guys you mentioned aren't exactly bob probert! Also, Willy is 22 ! Reasonably sure his skin gets a bit thicker by the time he is 26 !
The jist of it is this... Leafs can afford to lose Willy for a more defensive guy like Colton. It's obvious the Blues could use more offense and Willy would certainly provide that for years to come. The deal is based on need ,not just value!
You days it's obvious we added 65 points in ror, we added 66 pts in perron, we added 45pts in bozak, we have Thomas kyrou at the door. Why on earth do we make our defense worse. We don't end of story enough devaluing of parayko he isn't for sale. Go harras another fan base you starting to sound like edm

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Kadri has hit 30 goals the past 2 seasons, at what point is that who is as a player now? JVR averaged around 30 goals pretty much his entire tenure with the Leafs, I don't think he'll get 36 goals again because he benefitted a lot from Marner on the pp. Gardiner has put up 43 points 2 years ago and 52 last year, again, at what point is that just the player they are?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
In 2016-17 Parayko also had the 3rd highest TOI%QoC and also had a CF%QoC below 50 (3rd highest on the team as well), where is the improvement?
year to year can involve a down year.
They wouldn't be offered for Parayko don't worry. Well Gardiner with 1 year left sure...
Why are you responding to what I said to someone else? Reeks of pettiness.
go ahead, Blues are still a borderline playoff team as they sit! good luck!
oh sick burn :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You days it's obvious we added 65 points in ror, we added 66 pts in perron, we added 45pts in bozak, we have Thomas kyrou at the door. Why on earth do we make our defense worse. We don't end of story enough devaluing of parayko he isn't for sale. Go harras another fan base you starting to sound like edm
Ror, not a number 1, and talk about soft ! Bozak ! seen that act,thanks,good riddens and they paid him how much? crazy! Perron is decent! Banking on futures? good luck!

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
year to year can involve a down year.

Why are you responding to what I said to someone else? Reeks of pettiness.
oh sick burn :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2015-16, 5th highest TOI%QoC (he was on the 3rd pairing) and still had a CF%QoC of below 50...Those are his 3 full seasons in the league that I just showed you the numbers on. Parayko lives off of the potential of his tools, he has yet to have a season worthy of the hype regarding him on this site. Heck for all the talk about his shot, he only has a career high of 9 goals and that was his rookie year! The past 2 seasons he has had 4 goals and 6 goals respectively. What good is your skillset if you can't even translate it into games?

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
That.s a crap offer for Parayko but Blues fans need to stop acting like he.s some superstar.. Also lol at comparing Blais with AJ, AJ is going to be desired by many fans around the league after next season u can quote me on this.. Skilled, fast, great 2 way player, high character, cheap and with lots of potential..

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Yea if there's one need in the world it's for you guys to stop undervaluing your players.
Maybe check on how Parayko actually performs and how Nylander performs vs calling one underrated/overrated. Parayko is the overrated one here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol what garbage. Gardiner and Johnsson for Parayko? Why the hell would the Blues want to do that?

I love the the author blithely ignores that the Blues are maybe the most improved team in the league this offseason and are at least as good as the Leafs are on paper.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

2015-16, 5th highest TOI%QoC (he was on the 3rd pairing) and still had a CF%QoC of below 50...Those are his 3 full seasons in the league that I just showed you the numbers on. Parayko lives off of the potential of his tools, he has yet to have a season worthy of the hype regarding him on this site. Heck for all the talk about his shot, he only has a career high of 9 goals and that was his rookie year! The past 2 seasons he has had 4 goals and 6 goals respectively. What good is your skillset if you can't even translate it into games?
Someone else will have to step in with the advanced stats but from what I remember it depended on who the partner was as far as his CF% goes. Iirc Bouwmeester was a corpse with when Parayko.

As for his shot, I wouldnt disagree. Vastly overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad