Speculation: Leafs - Blues discussing potential deal, Leafs kicking tires on Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Someone else will have to step in with the advanced stats but from what I remember it depended on who the partner was as far as his CF% goes. Iirc Bouwmeester was a corpse with when Parayko.

As for his shot, I wouldnt disagree. Vastly overrated.
Bowmeester was tied with Pietrangelo for 1st on the Blues in TOI%QoC in 2015-16

Reactions: A1LeafNation

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Fellow Blues fans. Can we just not respond to this thread any more. Let the petty comments go unanswered.

You can not teach someone who doesn’t want to learn. Best not to waste our time
Learn what? Every quantifiable stat shows that Blues fans overrate a 25 year old D-man with a career high of 35 points compared to what he actually produces. He's a 25 year old D-man that gets parroted around her as a potential #2 or #1 but nothing he has shown this far has indicated that. He doesn't face top competition (Pietrangelo is reason for this), he doesn't do that great in the competition he does play against, for all the talk of his shot, he has scored 4 goals and 6 goals in the past 2 seasons offensively. He turns 26 next year...at some point he's going to have to actually translate his "tools" into once-ice production.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Agree with you. Amazed that so many fans get caught in this stupid loop that virtually all Leafs Dmen are bad players. Every team wishes that their bottom end Dmen were better, so the Leafs are no different. Look at Vegas last year, making the finals with "no names" but I guess it so important to have players like Karlsson, Burns, Pietrangelo, Hedman that will lead your to the Cup. Oh, those guys haven't won Cups either.
No but doughty Keith, Stevens, pronger, chara, neidemeyer, lindstrom ect.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Only here will an article written by a funeral director speculating create 8 pages of bickering:laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Last year Pietrangelo and Edmunson played harder minutes than him, he was also 4th in CF%QoC on his team in those secondary minutes.
Yes, Those 2 were the top pairing for the vast majority of the season. You can discount whoever the LHD is in minutes played as the Blues dont run same shot pairings.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
So wait....we cant bank of FA or the future?
Of course you can! Always be thinkin' ahead...But ,honestly,respectfully,I don't feel the Blues are lookin great is all! To be sure,I have no hate for the Blues,would be cool to see them win something after all these years ! The fans deserve it as much as Leaf fans.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Fabbri O’Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Steen Bozak Perron
Maroon Thomas Barbashev

With all that lack of offense why not send Parayko and Pietrangelo to Toronto? If the Blues add Pietrangelo the deal might include Kapanen.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Learn what? Every quantifiable stat shows that Blues fans overrate a 25 year old D-man with a career high of 35 points compared to what he actually produces. He's a 25 year old D-man that gets parroted around her as a potential #2 or #1 but nothing he has shown this far has indicated that. He doesn't face top competition (Pietrangelo is reason for this), he doesn't do that great in the competition he does play against, for all the talk of his shot, he has scored 4 goals and 6 goals in the past 2 seasons offensively. He turns 26 next year...at some point he's going to have to actually translate his "tools" into once-ice production.
Your right super overrated. So no reason to want parayko. But to sit hear and cut him down just to make sh*t offer lmfao, really. We are not trading parayko, you and the rest of Nhl is not getting him. So I say good day

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Of course you can! Always be thinkin' ahead...But ,honestly,respectfully,I don't feel the Blues are lookin great is all! To be sure,I have no hate for the Blues,would be cool to see them win something after all these years ! The fans deserve it as much as Leaf fans.
The blues were top 3 last year before Allen crapped the bed and Schwartz got hurt. We traded two 3rd liners for 1c picked up a 1/2 winger a 2b center for third line and have two highly rated prospects who were the best in the ohl coming up but yeah not good, we will go with that

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why though? They have a very solid team....the Dcore last year showed they have the potential to score as much as Nashville's and Nashville's forwards are not any better. Yet they are viewed as a perennial cup contenders. Not saying they aren't btw. Blues will be able to throw their hat in the ring

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Fabbri O’Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Steen Bozak Perron
Maroon Thomas Barbashev

With all that lack of offense why not send Parayko and Pietrangelo to Toronto? If the Blues add Pietrangelo the deal might include Kapanen.
Lol that's funny, only because some leafs fans think it's fair lol

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The blues were top 3 last year before Allen crapped the bed and Schwartz got hurt. We traded two 3rd liners for 1c picked up a 1/2 winger a 2b center for third line and have two highly rated prospects who were the best in the ohl coming up but yeah not good, we will go with that
Oh yeah fabbri is back, jaybo is healthy and Vince Dunn is one year more seasoned.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Fellow Blues fans. Can we just not respond to this thread any more. Let the petty comments go unanswered.

You can not teach someone who doesn’t want to learn. Best not to waste our time
Oh please, step off your high horse. The way you Blues fans over value your players is pretty sad in itself.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It's good to think positive,but results are what matter. As for the kids,well Leaf fans are experts at counting chickens before they hatch,I don't recommend it!

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Your right super overrated. So no reason to want parayko. But to sit hear and cut him down just to make sh*t offer lmfao, really. We are not trading parayko, you and the rest of Nhl is not getting him. So I say good day
The moment Parayko got traded to Toronto his value would cut in half.

It would drop faster than Tavares' did when he signed.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Why though? They have a very solid team....the Dcore last year showed they have the potential to score as much as Nashville's and Nashville's forwards are not any better. Yet they are viewed as a perennial cup contenders. Not saying they aren't btw. Blues will be able to throw their hat in the ring
It's true the St.louis blue line is looked upon by most Leaf fans with envy,but not sure whats up with the lack of success.Hence ,the trade offers trying to solve the 'problem'.
Nashville does seem to get more than their fair share of hype...perhaps a league agenda to promote that market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad