Speculation: Leafs - Blues discussing potential deal, Leafs kicking tires on Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
The offer in the article is bad for St. Louis.

It’s not happening unless St. Louis can accept something like Kadri + Gardiner which they likely wouldn’t.

It appears Leafs management won’t move any of Matthews, Tavares, Marner, or Nylander so it’s likely going nowhere.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
" But, a source tells me the Toronto Maple Leafs, interminably looking for a big–time defenseman, and the St. Louis Blues, in need of offense, have recently kicked trade tires."

Blues are stacked up front.

Curt

Jun 28, 2018
" But, a source tells me the Toronto Maple Leafs, interminably looking for a big–time defenseman, and the St. Louis Blues, in need of offense, have recently kicked trade tires."

Lol how? Schenn was a fluke for 2 months last year and he lead the team with 75 points

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Win win on both sides. A great offensive upside with the Blues and great hole filler for the leafs.

Curt

Jun 28, 2018

The blues finished 24th in goals for last year and added a 3rd and 4th line centers in stastny and bozak lol yeah man just stacked

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

I would not call them stacked. They have depth but are missing quality pieces. You will never win a cup when your best and only star forward is a winger.

The Leafs will not do this.

Berger also has no sources

It's the middle of summer, just enjoy something to talk about

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Howard Berger is a terrible source.

"Toronto would not make Nylander available to St. Louis; that sort of outlay requires a Norris Trophy–type return "

Poor Edmonton

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
This would be great for the Leafs, but I just can't see St Lou doing this.

Yes Johnnie does have some good potential for sure, but he's still an unknown quantity, the Blues would have to be extremely high on him to do this trade.

Reactions: Colt55

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Was this article written before July 1st? The Blues made a ton of upgrades offensively. There is absolutely no need to move Parayko at this point. He would leave a massive hole on the right side. Sorry Toronto, let's talk again before the expansion draft

Reactions: golffuul and Colt55

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Was this article written before July 1st? The Blues made a ton of upgrades offensively. There is absolutely no need to move Parayko at this point. He would leave a massive hole on the right side. Sorry Toronto, let's talk again before the expansion draft
It was released just this morning.
Yes, I did feel the entire argument was dated, like it was made a month ago.
Berger is just really bad. His Leaf criticisms and his "sources" have been terrible over the years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Stastny gone...
What about the addition of such O’Rielly, Perron and Bozak?

Not mentionned once in the "article"...

The Blues may actually have oodles of offensive depth and talent, but don't shoot yourself in the foot by citing Bozak and Perron. Perron is going to turn into the pumpkin he's always been, and Bozak's, well, Bozak.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad