Proposal: Leafs / Blue Jackets

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This is like claiming that Toronto has never had a #1D in the cap era - it's an outrageous lie believed only by the naive at best.

It’s the truth though, naive is whoever would believe you when you say he looks like a 1C. He could get there one day, maybe, but he needs to actually get there first.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The CBJ will keep its top d man, Jones (a top-5 defenseman in the league) and its LEGIT TOP LINE center in Dubois (a recent LEGIT top-3 pick).

I wish all of the Maple Leaves fans luck in their Yahoo fantasy hockey leagues this upcoming year, although I'm sure they wont need it as all those points the Leaves players put up will surely lead you guys to "glory".
:stanley:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think this is more an artifact of never having had a real 1C.

He averaged 16:38 per game, was ass on the dot, and had over 65% offensive zone starts.

If you are starting a franchise you take PLD because of age and potential, if you are taking a C purely off of who the better player is right now no GM in the league is taking him over Kadri.
Holy shit, didn't realize he had that level of zone sheltering....

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The CBJ will keep its top d man, Jones (a top-5 defenseman in the league) and its LEGIT TOP LINE center in Dubois (a recent LEGIT top-3 pick).

I wish all of the Maple Leaves fans luck in their Yahoo fantasy hockey leagues this upcoming year, although I'm sure they wont need it as all those points the Leaves players put up will surely lead you guys to "glory".
Thing is there is a big difference between a current top line center and a young player with the potential to become a top line center.

PLD is not a top line center yet though he likely will be as he ages.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It’s the truth though
Your repeated assertions do not make it so.

Anybody who watched him during the second half of the season - y'know, when he was actually playing C - would be able to confirm otherwise. Does he have the track record of a #1C? No. Is he proven as such for a full year? No. But for that period, he looked like one, and the odds are strongly in his favor that he can continue to do so. That was all I said, and that's what I'm sticking by. You'd have to have followed the Jackets rather than try to catch up with limited statreading after the fact.

Reactions: thebus88

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You'd have to have followed the Jackets rather than try to catch up with limited statreading after the fact.

You should follow your own advice. A small sample size and a healthy does of homerism for your rookie is fine, but then you assert what Kadri is when he would easily be the CBJ’s (and several teams) 1C right now.

Kadri isn't a #1C and at this rate never will be. PLD looks like one right now.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
PLD just PLAYED and FILLED the ROLE of a TOP LINE center on a PLAYOFF TEAM. Adequately. At 19.

Doesn't mean he's a "top" center in the league, or even 1 of the 30 best centers, YET.

BUT, he has already PROVEN to be a perfectly fine top line center on an above average team (better than the Maple Leaves) as a rookie 19 year old. There is much more to PLD's game than just points. He has the potential to be a top 10 center in the league, within a couple years.

Jones is literally untouchable.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You should follow your own advice. A small sample size and a healthy does of homerism for your rookie is fine, but then you assert what Kadri is when he would easily be the CBJ’s (and several teams) 1C right now.
He wouldn't. Quality production on lines behind guys like Matthews (and alongside guys like Marner) isn't the same as being a #1C. He could probably play the role on the Jackets, but it likely wouldn't be any more effective than when he was doing it for the Leafs and putting up 40-50 point and 20-goals-or-less seasons.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
As a Maple Leafs fan first (grew up in northern Ohio watching HNIC) and Blue Jackets fan second (currently live in Columbus about a mile from Nationwide Arena) this is embarrassing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Holy balls, I didn't say Marner was better than Jones or more valuable then Werenski. The young stud defensemen is more valuable. Im just saying you criminally underrated Marner and WAY overrated your players, especially the secondary ones.

You try to get our star players for pieces and devalue their offense.

We kicked your butts in the standing last year fyi, sorry it just doesn't work that way anymore. I'm done here, you know think what you think, it's pointless to argue against this.
We werent the ones asking for your player... it was a TOR fan. No need to burst a blood vessal in anger because we disagree on value. Toronto had a good year last year and thats good for hockey in Canada. You ended up in the same place we did at the end of the day so looks like neither of our teams are walking around with the cup this summer. And I dont devalue their offense I said what they do is unlikely to be successful here because clash of style. The sedins did bad under Torts... wasnt cause Torts cant coach or because the sedins cant play... they didnt have the right system.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
PLD just PLAYED and FILLED the ROLE of a TOP LINE center on a PLAYOFF TEAM. Adequately. At 19.

Doesn't mean he's a "top" center in the league, or even 1 of the 30 best centers, YET.

BUT, he has already PROVEN to be a perfectly fine top line center on an above average team (better than the Maple Leaves) as a rookie 19 year old. There is much more to PLD's game than just points. He has the potential to be a top 10 center in the league, within a couple years.

Jones is literally untouchable.

In what world are the CBJ better than the Leafs?

Definitely not this one, maybe go take a quick glare at the standings bub (and this was before the Leafs added Tavares).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad