Leafs Best Player ranking of 2013-2014 season #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hey leafs fan :). So since we are still in the off-season, I thought about making a poll per day where HF determines the ranking of all the leafs players based on LAST SEASON'S PERFORMANCE. Please try not to include previous season when determining which player is better than the other. If the player was injured for a significant amount of games such as Bolland, try to critic him on what he accomplished during his 23 games with the leafs. Alright so let's begin!

1# -

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Could someone please tell Bozak that voting for himself doesn't change the fact he isn't Kessel

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Went with JVR... Either him, Kessel, or Bernier. Very close for me.

But I felt JVRs work in front of the net and overall game made him more valuable than Kessel.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
Bozak averaged .84 ppg in 13-14. As well as being an excellent pk'er and Kessel's best match, he would have garnered consideration had he played 82 games. Had a better season(prorated) than JVR, but the case can be made that both enjoyed breakout years.

Inconceivable

Oct 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If it was MVP then for me it is Bernier as we fell apart once he was injured.

Hard to vote if you do not know what you are voting on....best player and MVP is different. Best Player was Kessel.

Bernier's play was actually amazing though. He prevents so many chances because he refuses to give up rebounds. IMO his play is elite

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
i think you forgot to add Bolland to this list.

Bozak was alright though. Good at faceoffs and nearly 50 points for 58 games is alright for that caphit :)

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
i think you forgot to add Bolland to this list.

Bozak was alright though. Good at faceoffs and nearly 50 points for 58 games is alright for that caphit :)

That's the person who I was forgetting. Thanks! Will add him in the next poll.

Btw, if you want to know who voted for who, just click the number beside the players name in the poll option.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Bozak averaged .84 ppg in 13-14. As well as being an excellent pk'er and Kessel's best match, he would have garnered consideration had he played 82 games. Had a better season(prorated) than JVR, but the case can be made that both enjoyed breakout years.

Our pk sucked, his faceoff % sucked, and his line sucked defensively. His offense was a direct result of who he played with. How does that garner him a single vote?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Our pk sucked, his faceoff % sucked, and his line sucked defensively. His offense was a direct result of who he played with. How does that garner him a single vote?

Because our whole team sucked. You can comply a whole list like you did for Bozak for the whole team and even longer.

I voted Bozak, probably due to his growth offensively, but realistically it should go to the best player on the team, Kessel, who had a good year offensively.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Because our whole team sucked. You can comply a whole list like you did for Bozak for the whole team and even longer.

I voted Bozak, probably due to his growth offensively, but realistically it should go to the best player on the team, Kessel, who had a good year offensively.

Realistically? It shouldn't even come to that. It's a no brainer that it isn't or has ever been Bozak. Bernier? JVR? Phaneuf even? Sure, I can buy it I suppose, but not Bozak. Or Kadri. Or Lupul. It's obvious who the best player is considering he outscored the next guy on the team by 31% and there is definitely no Selke winner here that can make up a 19 point differential with his defense.

jughead42*

I voted Carter Ashton, mostly because he barely played and therefor had as little as possible to do with last years efforts. He had an excuse, he didn't play much. The other guys on this list, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad