Post-Game Talk: Leafs Beat the Avalanche 5-2

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We finally decided to fluidly move the puck around on the PP and it went off.
Glad to see we finally made some obvious adjustments but wonder why it took this long.
We have so much talent just let these wizards move around the offensive zone and find the best option.
No more static set play stuff and we should be one of the best units in the league.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
-Freddy once again just solid.
-Nice to see the PP getting back on track
-Willy continues to improve

Sloppy first 20 minutes, but it just shows how important and necessary this teams powerplay is. When they're firing they are a top 5 team.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Much better effort in 2nd and 3rd periods. Skill and forward depth on display tonight. Avs need to break up that top line for a few games and see if they can get a couple of dangerous line combos.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I enjoy the non heart attack games once in a while. Being up by 3 and cruising to a win. Good to see a few of the big boys have a good night.

On to Vegas.

Go Leafs Go

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs PP at first

giphy.gif

then

b2ny89e.gif

that is all

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Leafs were owned at 5v5 scoring chances and high danger scoring chances, but a much better goalie and much better and potent offence one us the game.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A good last 2 periods, and awesome to see the PP be less static. Wanted them to start running things through JT down-low more often as it running through Mitch was becoming too predictable. Wish we played better in the 1st, hopefully, this momentum carries over to the rest of this trip.

Reactions: weems

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Don't know how to quote from another thread, but ya i just wanted to see a hatrick from kap or naz. That's why i didn't want to see the 4th line being used in the end much. Ya ya i know it's safer to play the 4th.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
A good last 2 periods, and awesome to see the PP be less static. Wanted them to start running things through JT down-low more often as it running through Mitch was becoming too predictable. Wish we played better in the 1st, hopefully, this momentum carries over to the rest of this trip.
When Marner started going down towards the goal line instead of just standing in his usual spot, the PP looked so much better. So much movement. That was definitely not in the scouting report.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Marner has been dukey as of late.

Honestly, I like these lines.
I can see us going into the playoffs with these lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad