Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat McDavid again

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I was mainly referring to their playoff games against us and their recent run where they have won a ton of close games.

Obviously they aren't going to win ALL the time lol.
They won because Andersen was terrible almost the entire series.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The 2nd and 3rd overall teams in the NHL will play each other in the first round.

Conceiveably the 1st and 2nd overall teams could play each other in the second round.

What a dumb **** league.

Who gives a f*** you still have to win 4 rounds and 16 games to win the cup. If you're good enough to win it then you'll win it regardless of when you have to play Boston or Tampa in those 16+ games.

Reactions: egd27 and dsred

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nylander has a 7 million dollar contract.

His proper usage is to put him on a line where he is suppose to be the best player. Lets see if he really is.

So far, he is a bust as a 7 million dollar player.

7M is chump change now in this league. It’s the same as 4.5-5M a couple years ago. Nylander won’t have a lot of points because he doesn’t play on the top PP.

He has no problem producing on ES, given some proper wingers....
He did have a primary assist on the game winning goal tonight on ES.

Reactions: Leafidelity

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

I think Babcock is old school and he’s punishing Nylander for holding out. It’s the only plausible explanation. If he doesn’t think Nylander is competing at a high level right now, I don’t think anything will convince him this season. Nylander will just have to ride it out and hope that next season Babcock doesn’t have it out for him.

No one can look at that Matthews line and think that it is good right now. Kapanen is a weak link on that line. He skates hard, he can shoot the puck but he does nothing in terms of passing the puck to his line mates and a lot of plays die on his stick.

Nylander has the same situation when he was with Brown and Marleau. Kadri and Nylander are good but Matthews and Nylander are one of the best 5v5 duos in the league.

They both likely want to play their asses off against Boston after that last series and they may not even get a chance.

I think it’s a eff u to dubas. I dare you to tell me what to do in game. Shanahan is going to have to choose this spring unless they win at least 2 series. Otherwise it’s reach a buyout with Babs and he heads for parts unknown (Edmonton for another fortune). And Dubas moves in Keefe to complete his vision.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Matthews actually had a ton of chances tonight. I thought Marleau was very noticeable in a good way. Kadri seemed like he hadn't missed any games. The difference between Andersen's performance and Stolarz' performance was night and day. How on Earth did the Leafs only win this game by 1 goal? But they won. Move on to the next game.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
They really did win vs Tampa Bay in the 2nd round.

Yes, by that logic every team is garbage in the entire league except for Capitals.

For any discussion for any team: "Did team X, Y or Z win the cup? No? That team sucks then."

LOL

toasterart

Mar 31, 2015
Hmm, so they don't hold the lead as well, and just 1 more win when trailing but lead the Leafs by 4 points with 4 less losses.

Interesting.

- scenarios involving teams entering the 3rd period tied are not included, so maybe Boston makes up the difference there.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So we’re just going to pretend that nearly blowing a 3 goal lead to a borderline AHL team in the last minute didn’t happen.
McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH aren't AHL caliber players. Leafs were the much better team over the whole game, and should have very little trouble in a series if they outplay Boston by that much

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Oilers fans instead of crying about that pathetic team continue to worry about our first round exit and Matthews contract..so funny they deserve that team..a team with 2 mega elite franchise generational players is missing the playoss for the third time in 4 years of Mc David..

Reactions: Tlo1

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH aren't AHL caliber players. Leafs were the much better team over the whole game, and should have very little trouble in a series if they outplay Boston by that much

Boston has 4 lines which forecheck hard like that Cave-Khaira-Currie line and that line gave the Leafs a decent amount of trouble.

I'm not in the game of predictions though, either they'll beat them or they won't....we'll see. It'll come down to coaching & goaltending imo.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX

Yes, the measuring stick that is the Edmonton Oilers.

While the Bruins are extending their 19 game point streak without Pasternak the Leafs are blowing leads to Vancouver & nearly Edmonton.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Who gives a **** you still have to win 4 rounds and 16 games to win the cup. If you're good enough to win it then you'll win it regardless of when you have to play Boston or Tampa in those 16+ games.

It's probably why fans are starting to get disinterested after the second round.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
And what's our record? 0-2
Yea and one of those loses was with a team that we barely have any players left over from. And in terms of win record it’s 12-14. It’s not like we’re dying every time we face Boston.

But I digress, my point being that there really isn’t a large enough difference between the two teams, nor the sample size, to put any significant weight into the 0-2 record.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Oilers fans instead of crying about that pathetic team continue to worry about our first round exit and Matthews contract..so funny they deserve that team..a team with 2 mega elite franchise generational players is missing the playoss for the third time in 4 years of Mc David..
1 generational talent and 9ne of the biggest coattail boys ever.

Theyre a crap team and mcdavid will be wasted.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yep, they should try and hit a homerun this summer. There are several stars available.

Kind of like the Leafs did to land the player who got 3 points in tonight's game.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yes, the measuring stick that is the Edmonton Oilers.

While the Bruins are extending their 19 game point streak without Pasternak the Leafs are blowing leads to Vancouver & nearly Edmonton.
You're the one who tried to connect this game to Boston for some unknown reason. Nobody thinks Edmonton is a measuring stick.

By the way, Boston only beat Ottawa by a goal scored in the last minute. Not sure why that impresses you so much

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
It's probably why fans are starting to get disinterested after the second round.

This is a dumb argument and you know it. Fans of team X would become disinterested when team X is eliminated regardless of that being round 1 or round 3. What matters is you win 4 rounds not who you play in April or June.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
You're the one who tried to connect this game to Boston for some unknown reason. Nobody thinks Edmonton is a measuring stick.

By the way, Boston only beat Ottawa by a goal scored in the last minute. Not sure why that impresses you so much

Probably the 19 game point streak. If the Leafs did the same against Ottawa you’d be planning the parade route. Do keep going I want to have lots of your hot takes to quote in mid April.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Yea and one of those loses was with a team that we barely have any players left over from. And in terms of win record it’s 12-14. It’s not like we’re dying every time we face Boston.

But I digress, my point being that there really isn’t a large enough difference between the two teams, nor the sample size, to put any significant weight into the 0-2 record.

Sure, but that wasn't what I was saying either. If you look at my previous post I was responding directly to someone who said Bruins are a paper tiger.

My point is, no they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad