Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Canes 4-1! Canes unable to perform post game Cirque du Soleil routine.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Savard on the post game show said he would never include Kapanen or Johnsson in a trade for a defenseman at the deadline

I wouldn’t either.

I’d give up futures and prospects instead. Those guys are really good players and contenders don’t trade players out of rosters unless it’s a significant upgrade in a different area.

Both would be available for Pietrangelo but neither would be available for a rental RHD/upgrade.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Glad for the win. Some stronger moments than other in the game, but they stepped it up and put it away in the third.

Take the points and be ready for the next one.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Big question is... Would you take Hamilton for Z in trade?

Welp, one plays PK and one does not. One starts over 62% of their shifts in the offensive zone and the other starts less than 35% in the offensive zone. Hamilton is a terrible defensive player, his only usefulness is in the offensive zone, and we have more than enough of those.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I notice just the ever slightest difference between his technique and that of Sparks. Tiny but perceptible.

HAHA. I hope you were being facetious, if so, well played, though slightly unfair.

I will say though, it's always hit and miss with backups. Look at Niemi tonight for the Habs. Tough to get into a groove with sporadic playing and that fear when you do play it could be your last game for awhile. Meh, they are paid well for the stress...

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Reactions: LeafSadist

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He is a Pt per game so far with his new team. So far am I wrong or were the coach and GM? Stay tuned.

I will guarantee you that Leivo will be on waivers before the end of next season.

He’s another Leipsic. You don’t cry over losing a guy like Leivo. He’s an average player found on every team in the NHL. He can pad his stats on a bad team all he wants.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I will guarantee you that Leivo will be on waivers before the end of next season.

He’s another Leipsic. You don’t cry over losing a guy like Leivo. He’s an average player found on every team in the NHL. He can pad his stats on a bad team all he wants.

It's impossible to pad stats, you can attempt to pad stats but it takes a good player to make it work. You are always playing against good teams and bad players do just enough. I can show you an example of how you can't pad stats really... Hyman is on a top line and has 15pts in 30 games. .50 P/GP and 1/3 of those pts are on empty nets. You're either good or not good, it's not like the other teams you play are all bad and if you're on a top line for Vancouver you're playing hard comp on another team.

You guys just can't see a good player IMHO. I don't know why Babs hated this guy, it made no sense and I bet you he will not be on waivers.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Positives:

I thought Freddie was brilliant. Nice bounce back from the Boston massacre.

Marner was exceptional and Tavares was really good.

Kadri was really visible and played a nice game. He was making some nice hits and handled the puck great.

The 4th line had maybe their best game in a month. Even the Goat had a nice scoring opportunity.

Nylander is still not in game shape but he's looking better and better. (2 assists) He doesn't have his wind back yet and gets gassed easily.

Negatives.

Hainsey and Zaitsev played horribly.

Reactions: zaqq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad