Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Canes 4-1! Canes unable to perform post game Cirque du Soleil routine.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We did the kid a solid, he wasn't playing in our top 9 so it's better to part ways and let him try to make a successful career elsewhere

Probably the best way to look at it. He may be able to earn himself a few years of a nice contract to live off of this way. Happy for him but stinkeye for Babs and Dubas to let that slip for nothing. If they didn't like him but knew he could perform why not stick him with Matthews or JT for a bit and raise the value. It was textbook mismanagement of an asset.

Reactions: JayDog17

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Business like victory. I've heard these things happen when you actually put in effort.

Good game boys!!!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great bounce back effort tonight. Good to see Willy make an impact even though he's not close to full speed yet.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Morgan: "I would have liked to have put it in myself"

The way he said that, classic! Someone has to get that clip!

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Great road win!

I do think both Marner and Matthews don’t look quite themselves. Marner not handling the puck or making passes consistently at Marner standards. Ditto Matthews in terms of his game.
Yeah, the kids were not that great tonight, even though at the end they manage to put up a few points.

When the game was tight in second, too many giveaways.

Reactions: glue

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Probably the best way to look at it. He may be able to earn himself a few years of a nice contract to live off of this way. Happy for him but stinkeye for Babs and Dubas to let that slip for nothing. If they didn't like him but knew he could perform why not stick him with Matthews or JT for a bit and raise the value. It was textbook mismanagement of an asset.

When you look at our top 9 I can't really blame Dubas and Babcock for doing what they did, there trying to win games and if they didn't think he was better than those other guys I can understand how things played out

Unfortunately when your deep and good you lose decent players because you just can't fit them all in, disappointing but understandable

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
I want to see how some Marlies slot in, eventually.

Johnson is this years Rookie of the Year, or Sparks, or Ozhiganov.

This team isn't deep enough, if Gauthier gets hurt, or something.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

If they thought that Leivo could perform he wouldn't be on the 4th line. And he didn't do much when given the chance to play in the top 9 to start the season.

You don't play subpar players with elite players to boost their trade value when contending.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
I’m not happy about the nine minute stretch without a shot.

A loss to Tampa may remind us how to play.. Then we blow the panthers out of the ****ing water :yo:

(I’ll be there! :DD)
Cool. I was considering doing the Canes, Lightning, Panthers road trip, but family obligations put a kibosh on those plans.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If they thought that Leivo could perform he wouldn't be on the 4th line. And he didn't do much when given the chance to play in the top 9 to start the season.

You don't play subpar players with elite players to boost their trade value when contending.

He is a Pt per game so far with his new team. So far am I wrong or were the coach and GM? Stay tuned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad