Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Calgary 4-1. Bernier brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Burke gave Boston far too much for Kessel IMHO. He should have stuck with a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd!

That 1st round pick, that turned out to be the 2nd pick overall, just proves his talent evaluation skills was pure garbage at that time!

I'm still disgusted with losing those 2 1st round picks for Kessel!

Now, if Kessel had been able to turn us into a contender, and, those picks turned out to be lower range, say 20-25ish, then I'd have been happy with Burke! But, come on, 2 top 10 picks for Kessel was outrageous IMHO.

Hindsight

I agree with both of you.

Al14 because I remember sitting in my car listening to the radio when the deal broke and absolutely despising myself for choosing to be a Leafs fan.

and TheCLAM because there's no way the Leafs were gonna be THAT bad the following season........

:help:

Have Burke or the Leafs traded a 1st round pick since? That's the only potentially positive thing you can take from it (and the fact that Kessel is a pretty good player at least, and what is his value if traded? for example)

hockeyfanz*

I agree with both of you.

Al14 because I remember sitting in my car listening to the radio when the deal broke and absolutely despising myself for choosing to be a Leafs fan.

and TheCLAM because there's no way the Leafs were gonna be THAT bad the following season........

:help:

Have Burke or the Leafs traded a 1st round pick since? That's the only potentially positive thing you can take from it (and the fact that Kessel is a pretty good player at least, and what is his value if traded? for example)

This I can get on board with. In the past these debacles didnt even result in the Leafs acquiring a good asset in return. See Raycroft for Rask, who is now one of the best goalies in the world...What did the Leafs turn Raycroft into???

At least Kessel is a top 10 point producer and if current management wanted to cash him in, the would get some good assets in return (assuming they are competent). Imagine if Kessel turned into a bust, like Raycroft.

The Burke era would be a complete gong show.

hockeyfanz*

We're two weeks away from 2015 and people are still talking about the Kessel trade...

:deadhorse

Pretty hard to talk about Brian Burke without talking about that trade..which is probably one of the biggest Leaf trades in modern times.

You can thank those who want to herald Burke as some kind of genius for it too.

Tyler Biggs*

Nice job by the Leafs in the second and holding on in the third. Bernier was very good again tonight and made some huge saves. Really liking Kadri's game as of late I really hope he keeps it up. All in all a very good night of hockey.

Tyler Biggs*

12-0-0 after scoring first, unbelievable.

2nd highest scoring team in the league? Leafs 93 goals for.

Tyler Biggs*

Wow, Bernier is quickly becoming the most consistent player on the Leafs...and if you have to have one, the goalie is the one to pick! Nice win by the Leafs tonight against a very real contender in the Flames.

Great game by both teams, Bernier obviously the difference, but amazing how many blocked shots we had, shows you the team is coming together and willing to take one for each other, nice to see team chemistry, it is the difference...great game by Holland and Kadri and Dion you looked decent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad