GDT: Leafs @ Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Would love to see Willy and Hyman back with Matthews... they had chemistry last year and put Johnsson with JT and Marner
Honest to god, if I see one more suggestion that Hyman should be back with Matthews I may laugh so hard from my long term memory I could collapse.

Reactions: egd27

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I agree with O'Dog. Matthews is being paid big bucks now. Time to show up and prove you are still a top player because for the past three months calling him an average #1 C would be generous most nights
Yes quit blaming the bloody coach, drive your line. He's so good he doesn't need the excuses afforded. Just get back to being the man, and suddenly his line mates look good again. Recall we didn't even need Willie back because Kap was so awesome with Matthews. Or do we wake everyday here with no ability to remember the day prior. Amazing.

Reactions: egd27

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bruins winning 4 - 1 these teams won't let up. Every game is a must win until they can separate themselves. I hope the players care as much as their fans do.

No excuses. Thin air, not thin air, tired, not tired, I don't care. Fight through it. We need to pick up points. We need home ice advantage in the first round.

Reactions: illusory

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So what? Is that an excuse? As far as I am concerned, he is an 11.6M player right now. Unless you want to split hairs here. I like him a lot and I still think he is our best player, he just needs to find some consistency.
it's annoying that Leafs fans have already decided that if he doesn't live up to a contract (that hasn't kicked in yet) every shift, he deserves endless criticism

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
it's annoying that Leafs fans have already decided that if he doesn't live up to a contract (that hasn't kicked in yet) every shift, he deserves endless criticism

It's been more than a couple shifts. He's been a defensive liability as often as an offensive threat over the past 3 months. And he's signed to by far the worst contract of any recent top end RFA.

Reactions: illusory

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It's been more than a couple shifts. He's been a defensive liability as often as an offensive threat over the past 3 months. And he's signed to by far the worst contract of any recent top end RFA.

Anyone who has watched Matthews over the past 1.5 months and thought he looked normal or even good consistently I question their hockey evaluation skills. Matthews has been god awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad