Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Avalanche on HNIC | 7:00PM EST | Sportsnet

How do you see Keefe's second NHL game going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I was going to say the only reason he's playing is because he's from Denver. Maybe one last shot to save his NHL job too.

Agreed. I think Shore's been bad this year, but after a game off and playing in his home town he might surprise. I am glad Keefe's giving him a chance even if he decided he didn't like Shore right off the bat

Keefe scratched him immediately. I hope he doesn't play him beyond this game, but I don't have any issues with wanting to give him a chance in his home town. I like a coach who wants to appeal to his players rather than treat them like garbage

Shore sucks, but I think this is Keefe clearly continuing to set a good tone by playing Shore in his hometown team. Probably knows that its something the group cares about and doesnt want to repeat the Spezza situation.

I'm liking that Keefe does this... Babs almost seemed to spite it at times for some reason.
The human factor certainly matters, and I like that Keefe does care about these things, even if he might not be a fan of the player.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Meh, Petan for Shore feels like a wash to me anyway, different skill sets with very few positive results
In terms of the players overall, it's not much of a difference, but Petan does bring some skill where Shore doesn't bring anything.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Really sucks that I will be missing this game, looking forward to seeing Kadri but this Mckinnon guy wow. Please just watch him I know its against us but notice the level of compete. Glaring difference between as star player ie AM/JT/MM and generational player ie. Mckinnon, Mcdavid, Crosby.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Man I haven't been this fired up all season. Even game 1 I didn't feel that good about things.

I'm genuinely excited to see what this team can do when they're finally used the way they were intended to be and start playing to their strengths.

If they do that, they are not a bubble playoff team, they are a legit cup contender.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Colorado is missing 2 top players the equivalent of Leafs missing Marner and JT. So this should be an easy win

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
In terms of the players overall, it's not much of a difference, but Petan does bring some skill where Shore doesn't bring anything.

He can win a draw and play some bland do nothing minutes in defensive situations

Whereas Petan plays less bland but doesn't do anything either

Not trying to be mean but their both pretty pointless players

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He can win a draw and play some bland do nothing minutes in defensive situations

Whereas Petan plays less bland but doesn't do anything either

Not trying to be mean but their both pretty pointless players
Yeah pretty much. I also don't have a problem with giving a guy a game in his hometown. Might get up for it. Smart move.

Reactions: Kiwi

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
These are the kinds of moves that will resonate with the players in a positive way. It's like the exact opposite of what Babcock did to Spezza on opening night.
Exactly this. Give him a chance to play in front of friends and family. Everyone starts with a new look on the team and as much as I think Shore is useless he deserves to show the coach if he’s an asset

Reactions: stickty111

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I don't think Shore should be a regular, but there's no reason the new coach shouldn't get everyone in at some point for his own evaluations.

The fact that he's playing in his hometown is a touch that won't be lost on the team, especially considering the habits of his predecessor.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
9-1 Leafs. Barrie five point night and the highest 5 v 5 Corsi ever recorded in the modern era. Keefe only has 4 players on the ice in the 3rd to demonstrate how his system can still dominate. Ceci still sucks.
I agree with all of that except for Ceci.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
anyone else really excited to see the avs rookie dman. Makar has 7 points in his last 3 games (25 pts total). I hope they arent productive but im looking forward for some good hockey plays.

:popcorn:
I am excited to see him. He is the kind of guy that is made for hockey. I am a Leaf fan, but there are players that are so good that they are worth watching!

Reactions: stickty111

horner

May 22, 2007
Colorado is missing 2 top players the equivalent of Leafs missing Marner and JT. So this should be an easy win

Ok

McKinnon can take over a game

No one has for us this season

Don't forget they will want to win this for Kadri

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
When was the last time the coach was the cancer in the room? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad