GDT: Leafs at Habs Pre-season Game #5 - Saturday, September 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Middle frame of a triple WHAMMY!!!

May get a first look at Benoit tonight. Also…I don’t think Brodie has had a game yet.

1696086233336.png

1696086434974.png

Expect to see the Knies Mintin combo again. Robertson with another start.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This is game 5 and Nylander has only played 1 game I wonder What's up, given that he's supposedly being tested at center I did expect him to play more than 1 of 5 games.

Reactions: The Iceman

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It'll be good to watch Benoit play his first game and see what kind of player he is especially with Giordano starting to really slow down.

Giordano has played some very good hockey for us but when he falls off, at his age he'll basically be unplayable.

Reactions: IPS and Sypher04

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Middle frame of a triple WHAMMY!!!

These were the practice lines yesterday. May get a first look at Benoit and McMann tonight. Also…I don’t think Brodie has had a game yet.

View attachment 747583
Thought I read yesterday that the top guys didn’t make the trip and wouldn’t be playing in Montreal?

Reactions: crump

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This is game 5 and Nylander has only played 1 game I wonder What's up, given that he's supposedly being tested at center I did expect him to play more than 1 of 5 games.
Wednesday's and Friday's games were mainly for prospects and newbies.

As far as the regulars go, the significant games are really the home-and-home Ottawa and Montreal (tonight and Monday) games.

The Matthews group got the Ottawa home, so they get the Montreal road - a bit of preferential treatment as Montreal is a much nicer city and arena.

I expect the Nylander group will get the home game on Monday.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Thought I read yesterday that the top guys didn’t make the trip and wouldn’t be playing in Montreal?
That’s too bad, but there are still 3 preseason games after this one. You have to think those will have 60% NHL lineups. I’ll check the lineup and update the FP when it’s released.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
From Leafs PR twtter (I'm not a twit, so I can't link it) yesterday:

"Maple Leafs D John Klingberg (upper body, day-to-day) and F William Nylander (flu-like symptoms) will not practice today."

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Interesting Robertson and Knies are playing back to back games

They are being given lots of reps to show they are NHLers. Leafs can use both being useful given their salaries.

I don't think Lafferty is anything. Sign Gregor to league min and waive Lafferty if no takers and the team gains cap space without losing anything of value. That might allow Robertson to make the team as well.

Knies
Robertson
Woll

on ELC's with a few of these cheap contracts that is some quality depth

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gonna be a tough one to watch I think. A lot of players on a back to back and they are icing their top forwards.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Would love this lineup to stone them. Also Cowan Minten Knies get stiffer competition to test themselves.
Hildeby and Jones in net. I like what I’ve seen from Hildeby.

Reactions: kb and Sypher04

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Going to be a good game to see how the young guys do.

I think our "cap issues" next year may be solved with some of the prospects graduating (finally we have a decent pool).

Hopefully, all the top prospects are playing top 6 tonight and we can get a good look.

Robertson - Holmberg - Tverberg
Knies - Minten - Cowan

Would be nice to get something like this, but I doubt we do.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Minten looks like a good pick from the several highlights he was in.

Kokkonen looked good earlier in pre-season and scored this one, which I wasn't able to watch. Could be an asset.

Line-up tonight looks like a complete mistmatch.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Welcome to pre season, are you new? stick around
Right!? The closest you will see to a full Leaf lineup will be, and always has been, the final home pre-season game vs Detroit on Thursday the 5th.

As for some of the noted back-to-backs, I suspect the "flu" that is roaming the room is playing a factor there.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Right!? The closest you will see to a full Leaf lineup will be, and always has been, the final home pre-season game vs Detroit on Thursday the 5th.

As for some of the noted back-to-backs, I suspect the "flu" that is roaming the room is playing a factor there.
If anything these rosters are more fun to watch. Players are usually playing for a spot compared to roster players who will likely just float around for 60 min.

Watching the Kings AHL team beat the Knights regular line-up the other night was amazing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad