GDT: Leafs at Habs Pre-season Game #5 - Saturday, September 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I actually kind of like this roster. Don’t understand Clifford. But it makes sense if they want to make sure no one takes shots at the young guys. Robertson has been great. Just needs some pucks to finally go in either off his stick or the guys he is setting up. Don’t understand the shots he takes on this board and in the media. Everyone is telling him to relax more and let the play come to him. Next breathe they say he needs to do something.

thus kid wants it so bad. Wait until he finally knows he has a spot and can relax. Kid is going to be a great secondary scorer on this team for cheap at some point. Pulling for him.

Reactions: kb and stickty111

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I actually kind of like this roster. Don’t understand Clifford. But it makes sense if they want to make sure no one takes shots at the young guys. Robertson has been great. Just needs some pucks to finally go in either off his stick or the guys he is setting up. Don’t understand the shots he takes on this board and in the media. Everyone is telling him to relax more and let the play come to him. Next breathe they say he needs to do something.

thus kid wants it so bad. Wait until he finally knows he has a spot and can relax. Kid is going to be a great secondary scorer on this team for cheap at some point. Pulling for him.
Reaves vs Clifford this preseason:

Ryan Reaves:
2 GP
3 Hits
1 SOG
ATOI: 12:23

Kyle Clifford:
2 GP
1 Goal
0 +/-
1 Hit
5 SOG
ATOI: 9:36

I don't understand the Clifford bashing. He's done more than Reaves in less time.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When's Minten going to be sent down?
Probably after this game, they are back in Toronto on Monday, I expect to start seeing more regulars at that point

There's a chance he stays until the last day or so of camp, similar to Cowan, in order to soak up as much experience as possible. They've both been pretty good and earned a chance to stay a little longer. Another week in Toronto won't hurt them.

Reactions: ULF_55 and crump

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018

Ryan Reaves:
2 GP
3 Hits
1 SOG

Kyle Clifford:
2 GP
1 Goal
0 +/-
1 Hit
5 SOG

I don't understand the Clifford bashing. He's done more than Reaves in less time.
I would imagine its based on his body of work while being part of the Leafs organization, he hasn't been an NHL caliber player since he left the Kings.

You are judging Reaves on pre-season only, he is a vet that has nothing to prove other than getting some reps in.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Ryan Reaves:
2 GP
3 Hits
1 SOG

Kyle Clifford:
2 GP
1 Goal
0 +/-
1 Hit
5 SOG

He's been awful since he came back here and 1 pre season goal won't change that

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Sorry for the question boys, but what time do these games usually come on?

I've been away for awhile and wouldn't mind catching this one.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Now that’s the lineup every leafs fan loves to see

It’s gonna be a tough game, especially since Montreal has some high end forwards in

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Ryan Reaves:
2 GP
3 Hits
1 SOG

Kyle Clifford:
2 GP
1 Goal
0 +/-
1 Hit
5 SOG

Agreed. Clifford has a lot more to give still and I am looking for him to show we need him on the big club tonight.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Other fanbases cry so much about how it's all about the Leafs but they opened the show with Habs talk and about Slavkosvky. Then they talk a bit about Knies. Are they never allowed to speak about the Leafs: Habs GDT makes you think so

Reactions: Burnie97

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Other fanbases cry so much about how it's all about the Leafs but they opened the show with Habs talk and about Slavkosvky. Then they talk a bit about Knies. Are they never allowed to speak about the Leafs: Habs GDT makes you think so
The broadcast is also being shown in the Habs region, they have to talk about those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad