TSN: Leafs at Championship

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Freddy cleared the medical and will be Denmarks goalie at the worlds.

Good for him, playing in his hometown. Stuff like that doesnt happen often for players from smaller hockey countries. The danish fans and press are hyped at least.

Reactions: carko32

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Matty, Mitchy and Willie need to figure out how they will turn themselves into superstars next year. I think a full summer of rest and quality training goes a long way for our core guys. That said, I can understand why Fred is going to the worlds but if it wasn't held in his hometown, I'd rather he take time to rest and come back mentally sharp right off the bat next season.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Management supported Kap going to the Worlds. Not sure why this is a thing.
Because we need things.

Babcock and Matthews are feuding
Nylander And Hyman didn’t get drinks with the boys.(Matthews would rather drink with Marner)
Andersen sabotaged the team so he could go to the Worlds.
Kapanen is turning his back on the Marlies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Because we need things.

Nylander And Hyman didn’t get drinks with the boys.(Matthews would rather drink with Marner)

Haha, yeah drama for the sake of drama.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Because we need things.

You forgot Lou is telling some of the players to play weak and be outmuscle, that way it will be easier for him to trade for them when he moves to another team.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Marner, Kadri, Rielly, Gardiner, JvR, Matthews could all play

JVR is a UFA, so he would have been advised by his agent not to go, as it can impact contract negotiations.

Rielly's face is swollen and lip is huge after that puck to the face. As he said, its nothing that cant be fixed, but would rather him not play a game in a different continent next week. He probably fees the same.

Matthews apparently isnt 100%

Kadri probably wasnt asked. Neither was Jake in my mind as he was a bench warmer the last time

Marner I honestly dont know.

Nylander is also an RFA -- not sure if RFAs have typically skipped the worlds, but you would think he would go again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad