GDT: Leafs at Canadiens 7:30 SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Meh. The only considerable mismatch in the bottom 6 on paper is Toffoli, and 8 of his 9 goals were against Vancouver, so his stats are pretty misleading.

Mismatch agreed only Tofoli but overall their bottom 7 are better than ours (on paper). We need more from Vesey, Engvall, Kerfoot, and Petan. Boyd and Spezza have been better than expected.

Gonna come down to who wants it more tonight.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Mismatch agreed only Tofoli but overall their bottom 7 are better than ours (on paper). We need more from Vesey, Engvall, Kerfoot, and Petan. Boyd and Spezza have been better than expected.

Gonna come down to who wants it more tonight.

We need a much bigger contribution from a 3rd line, no doubt.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Feel like Dermott is going to be traded any day now. Lehtonen has been good every time he's been in, can't keep scratching him for Dermott.

Reactions: LeafsRus

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
It's 0° and windy and I am not enjoying working outside. I expect to be wrapped in all the blankets and a good game from the Leafs to make up for this.
I don't know how you do it. I'd hate to work outdoors in the winter, I don't even like to clear snow on my driveway and I own a snowblower :laugh:

However, apparently certain crews maintaining trees here in the city of Toronto mostly stay warm :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellefour20

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Feel like Dermott is going to be traded any day now. Lehtonen has been good every time he's been in, can't keep scratching him for Dermott.

Dermott has been significantly better this year. Keefe mentioned the same thing.

Not saying that Dermott might not be traded for that reason, Im just pointing out that Dermott has not been bad at all. Lethonen has been on and off. Especially his 5 on 5 play

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
How do they get so much time off? They're off for like 5 days next week as well.

Dunno schedule makers seem to favor them a bit, we played every game against Montreal as the 2nd of a back to back (last year ? or the year before ?) it was absurd.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Dermott has been one of our better defenders 5v5, top 2 or 3. I really like Lehtonen, and he might have more upside to him than Dermott offensively, but I’m not certain about defensively. Tough situation, but someone is really going to have to steal this to seal this. I’d like to see Dermott and Lehtonen pairing and see how that works.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I like what Bogo has brought but both Lehtonen and Dermott have played well enough that it would now be interesting to see them play together for a couple of games while Bogo sits.

I dunno which one would be better on his off side but the duo could turn into a dominant 3rd pairing.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Dermott has been significantly better this year. Keefe mentioned the same thing.

Not saying that Dermott might not be traded for that reason, Im just pointing out that Dermott has not been bad at all. Lethonen has been on and off. Especially his 5 on 5 play
his 5 on 5 play is not NHL level that is why he was moved out of lineup for Dermy tonight ... we can use Rielly more on PP ... we don't really need a 2nd PP guy .. id rather have another solid defender

Reactions: OVO16 and ToneDog

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Too bad there won't be any butts in the seats and Danny Galavan to call it. As much as I hated Leafs going into Montreal and getting beat on a Saturday night, he was a beauty.

Yeah, it's a totally different feeling, even when watching it on a screen from home, when the crowd was there for a big game like this. And with a generous sprinkling of Habs fans in there too always, it's a magical, timeless matchup when our two teams are doing well.

Reactions: ToneDog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I feel like Dermott wont be a Leaf come next season.

Whether its by trade or expansion, I think hes on the outs
I think we will do some kind of deal with seattle so they pass on Dermy ... if they don't then Dermy will be gone ... just like Habs will lose Chiarot ... defenders are always 1st and top picks for expansion ... 1 goaler ... and a couple centres ... and then whatever wingers are left

Bigbadhabs33

Jan 19, 2021
Dunno schedule makers seem to favor them a bit, we played every game against Montreal as the 2nd of a back to back (last year ? or the year before ?) it was absurd.
You do realize that Saturday will be montreals 3 game in 4 nights and then off for 5 days then they play crazy amount of games in a short time. The schedule is what it is every team has good and bad stretches when it comes to the schedule.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Why would we be talking about trading Dermott? This season has already shown has imperative NHL quality depth is. We are a contending team so trading for futures or prospects makes no sense and trading for another NHL d is a lateral move. Can we just focus on continuing the success we have had instead of constantly trying to change what has been a working/winning formula for once.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I like what Bogo has brought but both Lehtonen and Dermott have played well enough that it would now be interesting to see them play together for a couple of games while Bogo sits.

I dunno which one would be better on his off side but the duo could turn into a dominant 3rd pairing.
ah I donno, I hear what you are saying about trying to get a healthy rotation, and getting guys like Mikko and Dermott more regular minutes. I just feel like Bogo has been Outstanding. He is playing extremely confident right now. His offensive game is atrocious, but we really dont need him in that capacity. And for how bad he looks in the O-Zone, he shockingly looks great breaking out the puck. Its really weird, its like his confidence only works on the Leafs side of the red line. But hey, that's exactly why we acquired him. Not sure I would take him out of the lineup. Feel bad for Mikko/Dermott/Sandin as they have all played well to deserve minutes. I just think we have to remind ourselves this is a good problem to have. A move will be made, or an injury will occur, and until then I'd give Dermott the ice, flexing in Mikko and Sandy here and there.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You do realize that Saturday will be montreals 3 game in 4 nights and then off for 5 days then they play crazy amount of games in a short time. The schedule is what it is every team has good and bad stretches when it comes to the schedule.

Yes, last month we had a game every 2nd day. I was referring to last season when every single one of our games was a 2nd of a back to back.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

I'd keep Bogo in for the Habs games. But I wouldn't mind trying Dermott and Lehtonen together for one of the Sens games next week to give Bogosian a game off.

Reactions: MattySnipes

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think we will do some kind of deal with seattle so they pass on Dermy ... if they don't then Dermy will be gone ... just like Habs will lose Chiarot ... defenders are always 1st and top picks for expansion ... 1 goaler ... and a couple centres ... and then whatever wingers are left
Why would we make a deal to keep Dermott when we actually have options in house to replace him. Paying Seattle to not take Dermott and Kerfoot instead...we then need to find a new 3rd line center from outside the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad