Post-Game Talk: Leafs are winless in 11. New Franchise Record. My Goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yup. I'm a big Flyers fan, but since I've lived in Edmon for about 35 years, I'm mainly an Oilers fan. Xcept for playoffs when they meet. Which will probably be never now.

I watched both the Leafs and Flyers Cup wins on the tube. Yes, both were in colour. Some trivia for the newer generations, my grandparents actually had a colour TV before '63. Used to watch the opening of the Bonanaz series (Lorne Green) which was in colour and then the program was black and white. We'd watch the opening and then go home and watch the rest in B&W.

As a Leafs' fan I've adopted several teams over the fricken decades to cheer for in the playoffs.

What will happen is this year I'll form an emotional attachment to a couple teams and cheat on the Leafs until the Cup is finished, then I'll go back home and pretend nothing happened.

Then we'll all get excited about the draft, and Nonis will trade the pick for $%&()#&#().

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I've never really had faith in this core, but this is still very surprising.

Cap maxed team that's repeatedly traded picks in "win now" deals while letting pending UFAs walk for nothing, management has done everything to prioritize short term success.. And yet.. Setting franchise records for losses and pushing for a top 5 pick.

Honestly, it's hard to be this bad at managing. It takes talent.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
And guys like Kadri will cry about the fans.

Tomorrow is not going to be pretty lol. A loss to Edmonton - calling it now. No way they're winning it. Can't wait to see the aftermath of this one ;)

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
locker room about to explode. Here is hoping the Muskoka5Metality players (Kessel, Bozak, Phaneuf, Lupul) get the Kane treatment straight out of the Jets player manual.

"explode" lol. None of them give a f-, how can it explode. They're all cracking jokes as we speak... headed out for a night on the town if they get back to T.O. before last call.. don't fool yourself man. None of those guys in that locker room care one little iota if this losing streak hits 20 games... it almost looks like they're aiming for it actually

management needs to keep all of these idiots on the team until the end of the season and use them to get the picks we need.. then ship every one of their pathtic @sses off the team in the summer

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I watched both the Leafs and Flyers Cup wins on the tube. Yes, both were in colour. Some trivia for the newer generations, my grandparents actually had a colour TV before '63. Used to watch the opening of the Bonanaz series (Lorne Green) which was in colour and then the program was black and white. We'd watch the opening and then go home and watch the rest in B&W.

As a Leafs' fan I've adopted several teams over the fricken decades to cheer for in the playoffs.

What will happen is this year I'll form an emotional attachment to a couple teams and cheat on the Leafs until the Cup is finished, then I'll go back home and pretend nothing happened.

Then we'll all get excited about the draft, and Nonis will trade the pick for $%&()#&#().

Hated that show now Gunsmoke there was a show ;)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
On the plus side, we have that good Corsi thing going for us. I'm told it is the key to success. 34 shots for 17 against. Why the sad faces?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't know.
for people who are really embarrassed for setting the record, they sound so calm and kept together.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
On the plus side, we have that good Corsi thing going for us. I'm told it is the key to success. 34 shots for 17 against. Why the sad faces?

Its incredible how the biggest advanced stats pushers in Toronto media have completely stopped pushing it over the past two weeks. They reveled in bashing us for the past three seasons.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley

Cap maxed team that's repeatedly traded picks in "win now" deals while letting pending UFAs walk for nothing, management has done everything to prioritize short term success.. And yet.. Setting franchise records for losses and pushing for a top 5 pick.

Hey... our team is picture perfect :biglaugh:

B84fc6YIUAAZdm_.jpg

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It was all Randy Carlyle's fault (LOL). Where are some of the posters in this forum who said that the problem was coaching and not the players. I am glad Randy left this mess and is enjoying himself, while he cashes his cheques for the next two years. Keep it up Leafs. McDavid is not a pipe dream after all. The goal should be to finish as low as possible. Go Leafs Go! Go Leafs Go!

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
If after the trade deadline we start winning games, I'm gonna be so pissed. Our players have no value now, what a bunch of pusscakes.

This is the most ridiculous team ever, they honestly should all apply to be ACC ice girls.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well I mean these losses could end up with a McDavid for us, will anyone be embarrassed then?

I mean the players.

all you keep hearing is "oh we're embarrassed."
"we need to really show passion and stuff like that."

and it sounds like
"Pass the salt, dear."
"where's the bread?"

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't know how to separate myself from cheering for a re-build, while actually being a fan of this team.

I know what the end result is, but to watch the futility that's on the ice is depressing. As soon as the first goal goes in against New Jersey, the feeling of "here it goes again" comes back and I stop paying attention.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't know how to separate myself from cheering for a re-build, while actually being a fan of this team.

I know what the end result is, but to watch the futility that's on the ice is depressing. As soon as the first goal goes in against New Jersey, the feeling of "here it goes again" comes back and I stop paying attention.

This is not the time to live in the moment.

Stop thinking about how you feel today, and start thinking about how you'll feel in 3.5 months.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kadri, Santorelli, Rielly, and a couple of others sometimes show a spark, but just about everybody else looks like they are playing like zombies, too numb to care anymore. Entertainment value is zilch. Something that should be enjoyable to watch has become as tedious as taking out the garbage.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I couldn't tell you how they looked this game from watching because I didn't and haven't been watching most games this year. Every now and then when I'm home I'll watch a bit, but this season is the first where I've purposed not to watch the early game and checked first to see,what the late game was.

This is either the most gutless or the dumbest group or the singularly oddest combination of both that I have been a"fan" of. This streak plus a streak cultivates a sense of loathing that I can't ever recall. It may simply be the combination of a few elements, it may be one, but whatever it is, it is putrid in a way that giving it away wouldn't feel a waste so long as pride and integrity return to the dressing room.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com

Exactly. We need a good evaluator of talent and Hunter is that guy. I don't care about inexperience, its getting the right pieces. Burke/Nonis failed miserably with this core, bunch of lazy ******.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I want them to call up every tough guy on the Marlies and just spend the rest of the season trying to bully other teams. It would certainly be more entertaining than what's happening now while providing the same results.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri, Santorelli, Rielly, and a couple of others sometimes show a spark, but just about everybody else looks like they are playing like zombies, too numb to care anymore. Entertainment value is zilch. Something that should be enjoyable to watch has become as tedious as taking out the garbage.

Santorelli played like he wants to get traded....:nod:

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
I want them to call up every tough guy on the Marlies and just spend the rest of the season trying to bully other teams. It would certainly be more entertaining than what's happening now while providing the same results.

Why not just go watch the Marlies play and save a bunch of ticket money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad