leafstilldeath*

7 mil off of the books for 7 years! Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Trade Homophobic Sluroof for a bag of pucks get his salary off of our books

Next to be traded asap:

Lupul
Bozak
Franson
Gleason

Do not touch the youth unless you get youth in return.

Do not trade proven youth for picks (Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly) unless its for McDavid. What are the chances we get McDavid anyway? Have to be patient with youth. We are no contenders heck we are not even pretenders. We plain suck. PATIENCE!

Let all the old players (>=27) be off of our team
Please God

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I don't think he'll get traded either, but not because Shanahan doesn't want to move him. I think the return will be too embarrassing for them to accept, so they'll just keep him.

If Leafs have to retain $2M per year to make a trade, it might be better to just keep him and pretend we are just paying him $5M per year.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Phaneuf (age 29) replaces Boyle, who was making 6.6 mil per
pavelski (age 29) making 4.0 mil gets 6.0 per for the next 5 yrs
couture (age 25) making 3.0 mil gets 6.0 per for the next 5 yrs

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
7 mil off of the books for 7 years! Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Trade Homophobic Sluroof for a bag of pucks get his salary off of our books

Next to be traded asap:

Lupul
Bozak
Franson
Gleason

Do not touch the youth unless you get youth in return.

Do not trade proven youth for picks (Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly) unless its for McDavid.

Please God

And then sign Bolland 7 years $5M with all that free cash :nod:

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think its time to bring Rick Nash home. Don't think Nash's situation i great in NY right about now and may be able to do straight swap?
Unless we can get E.Kane for Dion I think its time for this, never a better time.
#1C in Spezza next year as UFA!! Get rid of the garbage Shanny, that includes Nonis

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think its time to bring Rick Nash home. Don't think Nash's situation i great in NY right about now and may be able to do straight swap?
Unless we can get E.Kane for Dion I think its time for this, never a better time.
#1C in Spezza next year as UFA!! Get rid of the garbage Shanny, that includes Nonis

Nash is severly overpaid, overrated, is a floater off the puck, purely plays on the perimeter, and is a playoff choker. No thanks.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Honestly, there are a few emerging Western teams that may be interested. I'm thinking Colorado and Edmonton. Any deal with Edmonton must include the 2014 1st+Klefbom. With Colorado I'd want something around O'Reilly+Siemens/Elliott. I don't think a cap team will be gunning for this guy as it will be a tough squeeze for a guy that a few teams will view a gamble. Edmonton/Colorado have a lot more to lose in terms of not snapping at guy who could/likely will be a top pairing kind of guy. I'm also completely in favour a of a Toronto mini-tank, so these deals work for me. Also, I think the time has maybe come and gone for Dion as a captain anywhere.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I assume if he were being moved it is only Shanny okaying it, not suggesting it. He doesn't know the team at all and would be relying solely on Nonis and RC. It may be a dressing room issue which is kind of funny because that was the rumor in Calgary and now they are a possible destination. I am fine with Dion for Gio:). More likely it is just a rumor but if not I am sure they have better reasons than they did for extending Randy. I don't think for a minute this club has the stomach for a true rebuild which is why I can't see DP being moved (unless for Gio and why would Calgary do this?). Maybe as part of a multi player swap and Calgary doesn't have the assets for a big deal so I dont know who the partner is for that.

mikebel111*

very interesting. If dion is gone, maybe we have an actual rebuild of our defence and maybe team. I think Dion is a great d man, but it might be time to move on. Maybe there will be a big blow up in the summer

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
SJ, Colorado and Edmonton are logical destinations. Lets see what happens.

The thing that sucks though is Phaneuf really lowered his stock quite a bit due to his terrible last 20 games of play.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
SJ, Colorado and Edmonton are logical destinations. Lets see what happens.

The thing that sucks though is Phaneuf really lowered his stock quite a bit due to his terrible last 20 games of play.

Meh, teams rarely get a shot at potential top-paring d-men. Teams are like potential adoptive parents, they always think they can get the best in a player coming from a bad situation.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I actually like this. Phaneuf breaks down when the pressure gets high, something I don't like.

If we trade him however, we need someone back who can be captain. I mean, who else on this team could play that role?

Guys like couture, ROR should be the types of guys we gun for, even if we have to add

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
We need players that are harder to play against. If we trade Dion, we need some one that at least fits that ilk or else it's going to be a parade in front of our net...

mikebel111*

I actually like this. Phaneuf breaks down when the pressure gets high, something I don't like.

If we trade him however, we need someone back who can be captain. I mean, who else on this team could play that role.

Guys like couture, ROR should be the types of guys we gun for, even if we have to add

yes please! However I doubt we get him

also if ROR is the main peace we get back for Dion, I will flip out

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Kypreos thinks alot of teams would like Phaneuf with the shortage of quality Ds in the league

Quali - T *another fine product by Roncho

crazyaces**

If we trade him however, we need someone back who can be captain. I mean, who else on this team could play that role?

No chance. sorry just don't see it. we'd have to add. would likely cost Dion+ for ROR. And SJ would never trade Couture.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
On the positive this will certainly help with the tank for next year.

Phaneuf does run into trouble when played too much, but when Carlyle isn't doing that he's pretty solid out there. Not sure any pairing we've got can come close to replacing those minutes effectively.

But it's not like I think he's the best Captain ever or that it's a good use of the budget on him. So, good long term not so much short term. Sure, depends on what we get, but the D isn't likely to be good short term.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Am I the only one that thinks he won't be traded?

No you're not, as defensemen go he is just entering his prime and his best hockey could still be ahead of him. Remove Dion and our blueline is a joke. Who's our number one then, Gunnarson ? Unless you believe that Shanny/Nonis are planning to tank it just seems inconceivable that Dion go's without a serious Defenseman coming back, so doesn't really make sense. Should also point out he is a nice buffer and resource for the Gardiners/Riellys on the team and in the system. Is Paul Ranger going to be able to help them be better offensive defensmen ?

Dion was not the problem, overuse of Dion was the problem. When I look at our Blueline I only see 3 or 4 that are almost 100% to be back next year. Dion, Gunnarson, Morgan and Gleason. Everyone else looks like a plausable trade candidate or could just be let go.

I have to think one of Gardiner and Franson will also be retained, I suspect Franson because of his terrible year making him less attractive but also because of his size and being the only right handed shot on the blue line. It would be nice to keep Gardiner but it takes something to get something. Could Gardner, Bozak + get us a number two D or a number 1 c ?

For all the talk of how horrible we are and what a mess etc etc we actually have some pieces that arent critical that would be attractive to a lot of teams.

Last edited:

MrLegend28*

I like that we are trading Phaneuf cause he "cant handle the pressure" meanwhile you guys want Sharks who just choked a 3-0 lead... ya, makes sense.

Wooo new flashy name!! gotta have!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad