Sportsnet: Leafs are Shopping Phaneuf - MOD WARNING #394

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
@RealKyper: “Independent sources say both #Sens and #Leafs shopping Spezza/ Phaneuf to west conf #NHL teams”

So this is what the fuss is about
Independent sources

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Its hilarious how TSN wont even comment on this. You know that Dreger has called Nonis like 600 times tonight

Shanny may be feeding Cox and Kyper more than Nonis is to Dreger now.

Notice Sportsnet started beating TSN once Shanny came in. He and Kyper may have ties via NY connections.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dunno what you are talking about when the playoffs were on dion did well against the bruins top line...except game 7 where everyone **** the bed.

Oh yeah, he was instrumental in that game four overtime decision at home.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Good first pairing defenceman, but I feel a move could benefit both parties at this point. Wish him nothing but success if he's dealt out west.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Shanny may be feeding Cox and Kyper more than Nonis is to Dreger now.

Notice Sportsnet started beating TSN once Shanny came in. He and Kyper may have ties via NY connections.

I cant find any playing connections, but they are both Hartford and Ranger alumni, so im sure they've connected off the ice at some point.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
If we trade Dion, we need to be getting someone in return who can play top line minutes.

If the Leafs trade Dion for picks, I'm assuming we're headed for another rebuild. We can't contend with Franson and Gunnarsson leading the pack.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
If we trade Phaneuf we might as well just blow this team up...

We want to change the culture of the team. If we get a high quality pick in return and do poorly we'd have another one.

With Phaneuf we could do a little better but no desired result and a lesser quality pick.

Next, I'd try to move Bozak with Kessel if the price is right.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I cant find any playing connections, but they are both Hartford and Ranger alumni, so im sure they've connected off the ice at some point.

Kyper's sources have been feeding him Phaneuf rumors for quite a while now, going back to at least last year's off-season, and well before Shanny entering the picture.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
We want to change the culture of the team. If we get a high quality pick in return and do poorly we'd have another one.

With Phaneuf we could do a little better but no desired result and a lesser quality pick.

Next, I'd try to move Bozak with Kessel if the price is right.

I can't see Nonis shopping him for picks (unless its No3 and they're targeting Ekblad). More like a player that's <25YO that is already an NHL contributor.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'd love to trade him for a top 3 pick, would retain some salary or take back a so-so contract to make it happen.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just watched the Kyper report on connected, sounds like something definite will come out of this. Just sit back and wait for it to happen.

Calgary or SJ?

Kyper is all over this, he's really becoming perhaps the Leafs best insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland