Friedman: Leafs and Nylander not close on extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Happens, I thought the more likely mistake is you thought the person you responded to was talking about Nylander and not Matthews.

I still wouldn't trade Matthews for Dahlin, but Buffalo may not make that trade either. I simply value the effect of an elite center at 5v5 play very highly and think it makes it the most impactful skater on the ice. Goalies are more impactful, but the gap between average centers and average goalies compared to elite ones significantly favors the centers, and elite skaters tend to be more consistent.

Fair enough, my point was that Hanifin errr Dahlin to date would be the only one in the ballpark potentially :)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
When did I say they didn’t have a good offense? The point is that they don’t have some sort of “wave after wave of offense” that differentiates them from any other team in the NHL and that’s pretty easily proven.

The third line is as good as other teams first? Isn’t that line going to be Johnsson, Kadri, and Kapanen? Two players who have yet to play a full season in the NHL without spending a significant amount of time getting shuttled down to the AHL?
As good as some teams first line, not all, obviously. Enough of your out of context BS. The third line could be a combination of players but may very well end up Kadri and Marleau with Johnsson or Kapanen. And again, enough of the BS, guys like Johnsson and Kapanen were down in the minors because the leafs are loaded up front and it made little sense to bury them on the fourth line, which they ended up doing a bit anyways. If you can't accept that they're good prospects then that's fine, youre blinded by hatred. If you can't see the difference between the Leafs and some of the teams you mentioned, I suggest you get educated. The team was 3rd in goals, 3 behind the #2 jets in goals for while finishing dead last in PP time. All while being led by kids and now only having one 70 point player as you liked to point out but never addressed in your ridiculous assessment where you intentionally omitted two 69 point players. I can't wait to see what your next thing will be with the Leafs because, quite frankly, you're as desperate as any poster on HF to dismiss how good the Leafs are and how good they're going to be.

Reactions: pulfordfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad